Get the most up-to-date tips, best practices and tools for selling success throughout the year.
What’s in store for the season
- Know your customer - the Pandemic has increased online shopping among older consumers (Ages 56-74) – particularly in popular eBay categories such as pet supplies, and clothing. (source: NRF)
- Home and Garden was the fastest growing ecommerce category in 2020 increasing from $1.21 at the end of 2019 to $1.84 billion today. (source: Statista)
- Big and getting bigger – the share of Consumer Electronics bought online globally, is forecast to grow 14% by 2023. (source: Statista)
Coming up for Sellers on eBay
- Keeping Sellers connected in 2021 – new site for eBay seller events, eBay Open returns online, Monthly Seller Checkins, Local Seller online meetings.
- Simplified shipping badges come to eBay.
- eBay Announces the Recipients of Its “Up & Running Grants” - 50 sellers receive $500k of resources and capital to help grow their small businesses.
Stay current with other Seller insights and eBay News
eBay for Business on YouTube
Whether you’re just starting to sell and looking for instructions and tips, or you’re a reseller building a small business, we’ll share the inspiration, how-tos, news, advice, and seller stories to help power your success.
Great tips for any peak selling season
Optimize your listings
From pictures to pricing, follow these best practices.Better listings
Help buyers find items
Match products with Sellers’ search terms.Add item specifics
Optimize for mobile
More and more of your customers are mobile.Mobile listing
Examples of perfect listing titles
- Lululemon Swiftly Tech LS 2.0 Iced Iris Crew Shirt Long Sleeve
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Baroque Brown Bio Hack Size 11
- VIZIO V405-H19 V-Series 40" Class 4K HDR 120Hz Smart TV New
- Google Chromecast Ultra 4K Digital Media Streamer - Black (GA3A00403A14)
Trading Cards & Collectibles
- 2021 Topps Series 1 Short Print Photo Variation Babe Ruth (#81) Yankees SP
- Hallmark 2020 Holiday Ornament Gingerbread Cutie – 11th in Christmas Cupcakes – Mint in box
Pro Tip: Perfect titles AND item specifics help searchability of your listings.
Tips to boost your profits
Get more value with eBay Labels
Print, manage, track, and save with eBay Labels.
Use offers to buyers
When buyers show interest in your product target them with an offer.
Keep selling after the sale
Offer post-sale deals and discounts.
Tips for taking time away from your business
Everyone occasionally needs some time away—whether it’s to recharge your batteries, take care of an emergency, or catch up on orders during peak times.
You can let buyers know you’re away for a period of time without worrying. When you indicate you’ll be away, your handling and estimated delivery times will automatically be adjusted. You can also schedule this time in advance.