Make the most of the busiest selling season of the year with the latest tips, tools and insights.
What’s in store for the season
31% of U.S. consumers say they’ll start holiday shopping before the end of October*
2021 U.S. holiday retail sales are predicted to increase 2.7% to $1.093 trillion**
e-commerce will account for a record-breaking 18.9% of all holiday retail sales**
Here are several of the hottest categories and items for the holiday season:
Collectibles & Nostalgia
Buyers are snapping up the Polaroid Go camera, Funko POP! figures, trading cards and vinyl records.
Fashion & Luxury Items
Trending items include collectible sneakers, classic Louis Vuitton handbags, designer clothing and luxury watches.
Toys & Games
Expect high demand for gaming consoles such the PS5, Xbox X, and Nintendo Switch OLED, plus Paw Patrol toys, LEGO kits, Exploding Kittens & Not Parent Approved card games, Popit Fidget toys and the Virtual Fairy Finder.
Some of the best-selling items include massage guns, essential oil diffusers, herbal teas and scented candles.
Coming up for Sellers on eBay
We’ve added some new features and resources to help you grow your business this holiday season.
Listing & Promoting
- Category changes to help buyers find your items
- New item specifics updates and requirements
- Send coded coupons to buyer groups
- Promoted Listings expansion and rebrand
Running Your Business
- Attract buyers and build your brand with eBay Stores
- New research and performance tools in Seller Hub
- New multi-user account access permissions and protection
Stay current with other Seller insights and eBay News
eBay for Business on YouTube
Whether you’re just starting to sell and looking for instructions and tips, or you’re a reseller building a small business, we’ll share the inspiration, how-tos, news, advice, and seller stories to help power your success.
Great tips for any peak selling season
Optimize your listings
From pictures to pricing, follow these best practices.Better listings
Help buyers find items
Match products with Sellers’ search terms.Add item specifics
Optimize for mobile
More and more of your customers are mobile.Mobile listing
Examples of perfect listing titles
- Lululemon Swiftly Tech LS 2.0 Iced Iris Crew Shirt Long Sleeve
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Baroque Brown Bio Hack Size 11
- VIZIO V405-H19 V-Series 40" Class 4K HDR 120Hz Smart TV New
- Google Chromecast Ultra 4K Digital Media Streamer - Black (GA3A00403A14)
Trading Cards & Collectibles
- 2021 Topps Series 1 Short Print Photo Variation Babe Ruth (#81) Yankees SP
- Hallmark 2020 Holiday Ornament Gingerbread Cutie – 11th in Christmas Cupcakes – Mint in box
Pro Tip: Perfect titles AND item specifics help searchability of your listings.
Tips to boost your profits
Get more value with eBay Labels
Print, manage, track, and save with eBay Labels.
Use offers to buyers
When buyers show interest in your product target them with an offer.
Keep selling after the sale
Offer post-sale deals and discounts.
Tips for taking time away from your business
Everyone occasionally needs some time away—whether it’s to recharge your batteries, take care of an emergency, or catch up on orders during peak times.
You can let buyers know you’re away for a period of time without worrying. When you indicate you’ll be away, your handling and estimated delivery times will automatically be adjusted. You can also schedule this time in advance.