You have choices
Save time adding shipping rates to your shop by creating shipping profiles.
If you’re in the U.S. or Canada and want shipping costs automatically calculated for you, calculated shipping can help.
From Local to Global
For local buyers, offer personal pick up or delivery to save on shipping. Or if you’re selling globally, try our Global Shipping Program.
Coming in 2020, eBay will offer fulfillment services to help sellers get items out the door faster. Working with strategic partners, we can store, pack and ship your items.
Save on shipping
- Set up combined shipping discounts so your buyers can activate a shipping discount when they buy more than one item.
- Charge the highest shipping cost for the first item and add a lower cost for each additional item.
- Subtract shipping costs for each additional item purchased.
- Combine items into one shipment.
- eBay Labels is the easy way to handle shipping for your eBay sales. Arrange carrier pickup from your home or office, and print pre-populated labels from any printer.
- Save up to 25% off USPS and 37% off FedEx. Plus, when you ship more you save more with our carriers’ volume discounts. Learn more about UPS discounts for eBay sellers.
- Cut costs in half with USPS Priority Mail Regional Rate boxes.
- Save big when you ship packages of up to 20 lbs. within your own region using USPS Priority Mail Regional Rate boxes—available on eBay Labels.
Shipping best practices
- Offer free shipping
Buyers love and expect free shipping when they shop online. They’re more likely to choose an item with free shipping over an item with a shipping charge even if the total cost is the same.
Give buyers what they want and offer free shipping by simply adding the shipping cost into the item’s price.
- Provide expedited shipping options
Increase sales and deliver great customer service by offering free standard shipping as your first shipping option. Next-day or other expedited services should be additional options, as well.
Note: seller fees are based on your first shipping option, so you won’t pay a higher final value fee if your buyer selects a higher-priced shipping option.
See how to offer expedited shipping to your listings.
Consider these carriers’ services, which provide next-day delivery:
USPS FedEx UPS Priority Mail Express FedEx Priority Overnight Next Day Air Saver Priority Mail Express Flat Rate FedEx Standard Overnight Next Day Air (offers Saturday delivery) FedEx Priority Overnight One Rate FedEx Standard Overnight One Rate
Consider these carriers’ services, which provide three-business-daydelivery (max estimated):
USPS FedEx UPS Priority Mail FedEx Express Saver UPS 3 Day Select Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope FedEx 2Day UPS 2nd Day Air Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box FedEx Express Saver One Rate Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box FedEx 2Day One Rate Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box First Class Mail
- Keep your shipping service promise
Provide a great customer experience by using the shipping service class you promised in your listing. If you use a slower shipping service than the one you offered, your items may be delivered later than your customer expects.
- Upload tracking information immediately
Build trust with your buyers by keeping them informed. When you upload your item’s tracking information, your buyers can stay up-to-date on their order. Buyers feel at ease when they can keep an eye on where their package is or its estimated arrival.
Get to know the carriers
eBay partners with three major carriers to ensure we’re in sync when providing seller discounts, changing logistic practices,and updating delivery services and times.
*Based on negotiated Commercial Plus pricing available via eBay Labels to all eBay Top-rated sellers and sellers with an average of 300 or more transactions per month.