Customer service tips
- Let buyers know when their purchase will arrive
Keeping your buyers informed about the status of their shipment is one of the most important aspects of their online shopping experience and reduces Item Not Received claims.
Satisfy your buyers by
- Setting accurate handling times. The handling time you set for each listing is a commitment to buyers to get orders to your shipping carrier on time. It's important to stick to your handling time and to set handling times you know you can make. You may wish to adjust your handling time during busy seasons or popular promotions.
- Uploading tracking information. You are required to upload tracking in the structured data field before the estimated delivery date has passed in order to appeal an "item not received" claim. eBay will not protect you from a claim if you send the tracking number to the buyer via email. Without tracking information, eBay can't protect you because we won't be able to confirm your item was delivered. eBay labels uploads tracking automatically. Some shipping services don’t add or integrate tracking at all, and manually uploading tracking can lead to errors.
- Offer a generous returns policy
It's no surprise that shoppers are more likely to buy an item when they're confident they can return it if they need to. That's why offering a generous return policy makes good business sense.
Learn how a strong policy gives you the edge and how easy it is to set one that makes your life easier.
And now, you can automate more of the return process, like automatically approving certain kinds of returns or issuing refunds, so you can keep business moving.
- Create clear and accurate listings
Writing a clear description and including great photos means your buyer know what they're ordering.
Learn to create listings that sell and satisfy customers!
- Set up payments to avoid unpaid items
- If you don't already, start accepting PayPal as a form of payment. PayPal gives your buyers one of the easiest ways to pay.
- For your auction listings, offer a Buy It Now price, which requires immediate payment.
- To save time and effort in resolving unpaid items, use the Unpaid Item Assistant, which allows eBay to automatically open and close cases on sellers' behalves.
- Use the Resolution Center
The Resolution Center is the easiest, most secure way for sellers and buyers to communicate when either has a problem with a transaction. Use it to open cases, communicate with buyers, and resolve problems.