Find more products, list more effectively, and generate more sales with eBay’s exclusive insights tool.
Optimize your listings with Terapeak Research
Terapeak, an exclusive eBay insights tool, is an effective way to research what your competitors are doing, how they’re doing it, and how you can improve your own listings on eBay. Terapeak uses recent eBay supply, demand, and pricing data to help you determine what to sell, when to sell it, and at what price. Research recent marketplace price trends and real-world sales data for millions of items to optimize your listings and improve your sales velocity. Analyze markets, categories, competition, and hot trends and products to find the best-selling items on eBay.
With Terapeak you can:
- See how products and categories are performing across all eBay marketplaces.
- View clear, easy-to-understand statistics, graphs and charts.
- Get an overview of which products and categories are popular, successful strategies for attracting buyers and potential areas to improve.
- Search by keyword or product and use the filters to get the information you want.
- Search through and chart millions of transactions
- Get clear, easy-to-understand statistics
- Analyze markets, categories, trends, competitive listings, and bestselling items
- Know which kinds of products are driving sales
- Research all eBay marketplaces
- Get data-driven keyword help to draw shoppers to your listings
- Access included with Basic, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise eBay Store subscriptions
How It Works
Terapeak analyzes eBay transactions to provide marketplace intelligence to eBay sellers. Terapeak accesses sales data, listing formats, the average sold item pricing, shipping costs, and presents information in clear, easy-to-understand statistics, charts, and graphs. Use Terapeak to evaluate pricing, sourcing opportunities, market trends, and product behavior across regions and competitors.
- Category selector. Narrow your search by category and view only transactions that occur in a specific eBay category.
- Type-ahead component. Recommended keyword and category suggestions, based on the most frequent seller searches corresponding to the keywords you enter.
- Data visualization for items sold and at what prices. Spot and analyze trends for items sold and at what prices over time, including sell-through rate.
- Analyze relevant active listings. Review best practices by compare your listings with top-performing competitors.
- Data visualization for market share. Easily identify your top competitors’ market share and calculate average item prices.
- Multi-User Account Access. Provide your employees with separate access to Terapeak to streamline your operations.
New Terapeak features coming
Terapeak is available under the “Research” tab in Seller Hub and is free to Basic, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise eBay Store subscribers. Starter Store subscribers and non-Store sellers can subscribe to Terapeak for $12 per month for the annual plan, or $19.00 per month with no commitment.
Why should I use Terapeak?
Maintaining your customer base and identifying new opportunities is key to managing and growing your eBay business. Get ahead of the competition by finding out what they’re doing and how they’re doing it.
Terapeak is a useful insights tool in a variety of cases, including:
You can use Terapeak to analyse trends in prices, sales volumes and product availability over time. By analysing this data, you can plan your inventory and pricing structure, better understand changes in supply and demand, and identify the sales volumes you can expect. The tool also allows you to filter by item condition or sales format.
Sourcing single stock items
You can even use the above approach for used and low stock items by taking advantage of the relevant filters. This allows you to check trends, average prices, shipping costs and more.
It’s easy to research the top performing listings and get hints on how to better optimise your own listings, by looking at listing details such as photos, price, item specifics and retail standards. You can also identify data-driven keywords that could attract customers to your listings.
Retail standard optimisation
Use Terapeak to improve your retail standards and help you match the competition. You can immediately see high level metrics, such as the percentage of listings with free shipping and average postage costs. By analyzing the top performing listings in more detail you can also see how top performing listings do in terms of returns and shipping options.
Terapeak allows you to research in other eBay domains and locations and enables you to make more informed decisions about geographical expansions into all global marketplaces.
Reactivate underperforming listings
For your underperforming listings, you can research Terapeak to identify competitive listings and identify best practices for photos, price, item specifics and more. Some minor changes made to your own listings could make a huge difference in attracting buyers.