Create customized discounts and coupons to incentivize buyers to spend more in your Store. Improve your items' visibility, and move inventory faster.
What is Promotions Manager?
This quick and easy tool enables you to market your merchandise like a pro.
Create special offers that encourage buyers to shop more of your items and spend more on each order. Best of all, it's free for Stores subscribers.
Shoppers search for deals
of shoppers are looking for a deal or promotion.*
of shoppers want free or discounted shipping.*
Sellers new to Promotions Manager can see sales increases of as much as 11%.**
Setting up your promotions
Promotions help you
Stand out from the crowd
Using Promotions Manager helps your items stand out in search results, increasing visits to your promotion page and exposing more of your inventory.
Showcase relevant items
When you group related items together, buyers spend more time shopping your items, increasing the likelihood of a purchase.
Attract buyers at the right time
eBay actively promotes various categories during relevant times of the year. Use Promotions Manager to highlight relevant merchandise and convert the extra traffic we send you to more customers.
Examples of promotions
Order size discounts
Incentivize buyers to spend more in your store by setting minimum order-size discounts.
- Buy 1 and get 1 at 50% off board games.
- Save 15% when you buy 2 or more men's dress shirts.
- Save $25 when you spend $125 or more on women's new arrivals.
Cut prices on categories you choose.
- Save up to 30% on all laptops.
- Save up to 50% last season's winter gear.
Let buyers save on shipping when they buy more.
- Free shipping on orders over $49.
- Free 2-day shipping on orders over $99.
Create coupons with unique URLs, then share them with buyers via social media and email.
- Extra 20% off for friends and family.
- Extra $10 off your next purchase.
- How do I create markdown sale events?
We integrated our popular Markdown Manager tool into Promotions Manager. Now you can create markdown sale events of up to 45 days in duration using the same convenient tool you use to create Order Discounts and other promotions.
- How many items can I offer in my markdown campaigns?
You can list up to 10,000 items in your markdown campaigns.
- If I create a markdown sale event with Promotions Manager, when will my items be discounted?
Unlike "order discounts," where the discount isn't applied until checkout, markdown discounts revise the item to reduce the price. When you mark down an item (e.g., 20%), the item's price on eBay instantly reflects the markdown, and the discount will be applied at checkout. When your sale ends, we will mark your items back up to their pre-markdown prices, which may take several hours.
- Where can buyers see my discounted listings?
Buyers will see a special strike-through price and Sale logo in the following places:
- Item Page (plus a Free Shipping logo, if offered)
- Cross-Promotions on the bottom of the View Item Page
- Seller Email Marketing (plus a Free Shipping logo, if offered)
- eBay Stores Promotion Boxes
Buyers will see special strike-through pricing in the following places:
- Search results
- In-Store Search results (this is the Search within a particular Store)
- Items I'm Watching (if the item has gone on sale after it was added to the buyer's watch list)
- Items I'm Watching Ending Soon Email
- In all other areas, the Sale price will be displayed as the Buy It Now price (including in the main eBay search results)
*Source: National Retail Federation, 2013.
**Claims are based on gross merchandise volume (GMV) data generated by a defined set of items on eBay during 2016-07-04 and 2016-12-31 which were promoted in a variety of formats (example order size discounts, free shipping offers, sales events, and related item discounts) by their sellers' use of the promotions management tool on eBay for the first time. The GMV from the sale of these items was measured before and during these promotions. The increase is the difference between the GMV measured before and after compared to it during the promotions. Your actual results from use of the promotions management tool on eBay may vary and eBay makes no guarantee that you will see similar results.