Promoted Listings Lite
Boost your listings visibility by 36%.* Now eligible for sellers using the quick listing tool.**
What is Promoted Listings?
Promoted Listings is a smart way to get your listing noticed on eBay, and it’s now available for sellers using the quick listing tool.** This program makes your listing stand out from the crowd with higher placements in search, so more buyers can find you faster. Getting started is easy, and you only pay when a shopper clicks on your promoted listing and makes a purchase.
Benefits for sellers
Reach more buyers
Promoted Listings helps your listing stand out, making it easier for the right buyer to find it.
Improve chances of a sale
With a more prominent listing, you have an increased chance of closing your sale.
Pay only when your item sells
You are not charged unless a buyer clicks on the listing and purchases your item in 30 days.
How it works
- What is Promoted Listings?
Promoted Listings is an advertising service that showcases your items in premium placements when buyers are actively searching and shopping on eBay, increasing your items’ visibility and likelihood of being sold.
- How do I access Promoted Listings?
From your My eBay Active page, you will see all of your active listings. Click the arrow dropdown next to the listing you want to promote. If the item is eligible, you will see a Promote listing option.
A pop-up will appear that will allow you to choose your ad rate, see the trending rate, and see your ad fee. Click Promote listing now to promote your listing!
- What is the eligibility criteria for Promoted Listings?
Promoted Listings is available to all sellers in good standing with recent sales activity.
Sellers can promote:
- Fixed price listings for most categories except Vehicles, Real Estate, Travel, and other select categories.
- Has applied our recommended price guidance
- Includes at least 2 pictures
- Does not have item condition listed as "Parts not working"
- Does not have shipping listed as "Local Pick-up"
- Auction and Auction Buy It Now listings are not eligible at this time.
You will only see the Promoted Listings pop-up if your listings are eligible.
- Do I have to pay a fee even if my item doesn’t sell?
No. You’ll only be charged the ad fee if a buyer clicks on your promoted listing and purchases it within 30 days. If a buyer clicks on the promoted listing, looks at your item and leaves the site, but then returns within 30 days and purchases your item, the fee still applies.
However, if a buyer finds your item via a non-promoted listing in search results, you will not be charged the fee.
- How much does it cost?
A Promoted Listings fee is charged based on the ad rate selected by the seller.
Ad rate is the percentage of an item’s final sale price (excluding shipping and taxes), and is only charged when a buyer clicks on the promoted listing and purchases the promoted item within 30 days of that click. The fee is based on the ad rate that was in effect when the promoted listing was first clicked.
The Promoted Listings fee is additional to other eBay listing and selling fees. All fees appear on your monthly eBay invoice.
- What happens to my fee if I change my ad rate, the list price of my item, accept Best Offer or enroll in Easy Pricing?
Promoted Listings ad fee is charged only on the final sale price of the item (excluding shipping and taxes). We measure the 30 days sales attribution window from the first click received and charge based on the ad rate in effect at the time of the first click.
Example 1: A buyer clicks your item before you revise the ad rate and purchases it after your revision.
- When a buyer clicks on your promoted listing before you revise the ad rate but purchases the item after you revise the ad rate, you will be charged the ad rate before you revised it.
Example 2: A buyer clicks and purchases your item after you revise the ad rate.
- When a buyer clicks on your promoted listing after you revise your ad rate and purchases the item, you will be charged the ad rate after you revised it.
Note: Both examples assume the purchase occurred during the 30-day attribution window. The ad rate doesn’t apply after the expiration of that window.
- When is the fee deducted from my account?
The fee will be deducted from your account when your item sells, and only if the sale was due to the listing that was promoted. You’ll see it included in your invoice, similar to your final value fee.
- Is my item guaranteed to sell?
Promoting your listing does not guarantee a sale. However, using Promoted Listings means your listings have a chance of appearing in premium placements around eBay, which leads to a greater chance of being noticed by potential buyers. In fact, your item’s visibility could increase by 36%.*
- What if someone clicks on my listing that is promoted, but doesn’t buy the item right away?
Our payment structure is set up so that you’ll only be charged the fee if your item is sold through the listing that was promoted and the buyer purchases your item within 30 days of clicking the promoted listing. If your item is sold without the help of the promotion, there will be no additional fee.
- How do I cancel or opt my listing out of Promoted Listings?
From your My eBay Active page, you will see all of your active listings. Click the arrow dropdown next to the listing you want to stop promoting. Click on Edit promoted listing. A pop-up will appear. Click the button that says Stop promoting.
- Can I promote more than 1 listing at a time?
Yes, you can promote any number of listings as long as your item fits the eligibility criteria in question 3.
- What will my listing look like when it is promoted?
- How do I know if people are clicking on my listing that is promoted?
At this time, you will only be informed of the items that are sold through the Promoted Listings service through the resulting ad fee on your monthly invoice. We are working hard to create a simple way to track your metrics for future versions!
- Where do my ads appear?
The listings you choose to promote may appear on various prominent placements across eBay throughout the buyer’s shopping journey, including on the search results page and related items modules.
Your ads may appear:
- On both desktop and mobile search results
- On premium placements within search results
- On premium placements on related items module
- Why should I promote my listing when I’m already using eBay’s recommended price guidance?
Applying the recommended price guidance for your listings remains an important best practice. Promoting your listings gives you the opportunity to improve its visibility and help your items sell faster by having them show up in high impact placements on eBay.
*Disclaimer: Results may vary. Average based on a comparison of item-page views before and activating promoted listings in 2018.
**Only listings created or revised through Quick Listing Tool are eligible. Sellers can promote fixed-price listings in all categories except Motors, Real Estate & Travel. Listings must be priced around price guidance. Auction and Auction Buy It Now listings are not eligible at this time. Not applicable to below standard sellers.