What is Promoted Listings Express?
Promoted Listings Express lets you boost visibility for your auction-style listings with just a few clicks. Pay one flat fee upfront and your listing could appear in sponsored ads on similar listings’ pages.
Promoted Listings Express is available to all sellers whose seller level is Above Standard or Top Rated with enough account activity.
Benefits for sellers
Reach the right buyers
Promoted Listings Express appear as ads on similar listings’ pages, which means that your listing is in the right place at the right time.
Improve your chance of
More visibility means more views, which increases your chances of a sale.
Pay one flat fee per item
With simple tiered pricing, you don’t have to worry about how to price your ad.
There are a few eligibility requirements to use Promoted Listings Express.
Promote your listings
You can promote your auction-style listings when creating or editing a listing, from the Promote it banner, or from the item menu.
If your item is eligible, you’ll see an option to use Promoted Listings Express in the following places:
Creating or editing a listing
Depending on eligibility, you’ll see an option to promote your listing while creating a new listing or right after listing an item. You may also see an option to promote your listing when editing an item.
On the My eBay Active page, when you click on the menu next to your item, eligible listings will have an option to “Promote listing”.
Promoted Listings Express FAQs
- How much does it cost to promote my listings?
Promoted Listings Express lets you promote your listing for an upfront, flat fee. That fee depends on the length of your auction and the category you select when listing your item. You will see the fee clearly when you promote your listing.
- Where do Promoted Listings Express ads appear?
Listings promoted through Promoted Listings Express will appear in sponsored ads on listing pages of similar listings.
- Where can I review the charges for my Express campaigns?
Express ad fees will be listed on your Transactions page within the Payments sections in My eBay.
- What is the eligibility criteria for Express campaigns?
For your listings to be eligible for Promoted Listings Express, they need to meet all of the following criteria:
- The listing is auction-style
- The listing category isn’t Vehicles, Real Estate, Travel, or other select categories
For sellers to be eligible for Promoted Listings Express, you need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Your seller level is Above Standard or Top Rated
- You have enough account activity
- Will listings be promoted again if auto-relisted?
No. Listings which are promoted using Promoted Listings Express are only promoted for the duration of that auction. Even if your listing is set to automatically relist, your listing will not be promoted again. If you’d like to promote your listing again, follow the steps in the “Promote your listings” section to promote your listing.
- Which listings should I promote with Promoted Listings Express?
We always suggest promoting your highest quality listings when deciding which listings to promote using Promoted Listings Express. Our algorithms decide which listings to display to buyers based on a variety of factors, including listing quality.
High quality listings have a higher potential to get more clicks and ultimately more bids. For the best buyer experience, quality is one of the most important factors in determining if we’ll show your listing. Since our systems rely on the quality of your listing, there’s no guarantee that your item will receive a boost in impressions, or that your item will sell.
We recommend following eBay’s listing best practices to help ensure your promoted listings are high quality and attractive to buyers:
- Categorize your listings properly
- Include relevant keywords in titles
- Price items competitively
- Use high quality photos with clear backgrounds
To learn more about listing best practices, click here.
- What is the difference between a view and an impression?
A view is the number of visits to a listing page. An impression is the number of times your listing has appeared on eBay. When we talk about visibility, we are referring to impressions.
- For example, when your listing appears as a Promoted Listings Express ad, that would be counted as an impression. If the buyer clicks on that ad, that would be counted as a view.