Additional support for sellers
We're committed to doing everything we can to ensure that our sellers can connect with buyers and deliver what they need during this time of uncertainty.
Shipping & Carrier Pickup
Domestic carriers such as USPS are considered an essential service right now and there has been minimal disruption to date. Most carriers will have slight variations on their signature required processes but otherwise, most, if not all, are open as usual.
If you need to visit the site of a carrier to drop off packages, we ask that you adhere to social distancing guidelines and follow the advice of staff there. Don't forget you can schedule a free USPS pick up if you can't drop off your packages. You can also order free packaging supplies online, directly from USPS.
For additional shipping information and advice, please see here.
Deferred fee payments
Cash flow and flexibility with payments are top of mind for many sellers right now. So, if Store subscribers meet certain criteria, they can request to have most selling fees deferred for 30 days. For full details and information on how to request support with deferring your fees, visit our Fee deferral program page.
Stay in touch with your customers.
As always, let your buyers know if there may be delays getting your items out the door. Do your best to continue service as if it was business as usual, but if you still need extra time, you can add a day or days to your shipping handling time and use your social media channel to let your buyers that follow you know it may take a little longer to receive a purchase.
We will protect your seller performance status
We're taking several steps to help the eBay seller community, and we understand the need for flexibility. We want to reassure you that you will not be penalized for being unable to do that as you normally would like situations where you can’t get an item out the door as fast as normal or you have to unexpectedly cancel an order. So in supporting your needs, your Seller Performance Standards will not be negatively impacted during this period. Your current selling standard status will be in place until the June 20th evaluation. Read more here.
For additional information, please see here.
Terms & Conditions
What is the Promotion?
Invited members who create a listing, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item for up to 200 listings per month during the Promotion Period (the "Promotion").
All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan .
The Promotion excludes auction-style listings with a 1-day or 3-day duration. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale. The total amount of the sale is the amount the buyer pays, including any shipping and handling charges. Sales tax is not included in the calculation. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply.
The Promotion is available to members who: (i) received the Promotion invitation through email, Message Center or the Promotion Offer Module in My eBay; and (ii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards . Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.
When is it?
The Promotion will begin on Friday, May 1, 2020 at 00:00:01 PT, and will end on Friday, July 31, 2020 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com (the "Promotion Period").
How do I activate the promotion?
Members will automatically receive the Promotion when they create Qualifying Listings on the US site at www.ebay.com through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form, the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account” section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.
Restrictions & Exclusions
- This Promotion excludes auction-style listings with a 1-day or 3-day duration.
- The following categories are excluded from the Promotion : Cars & Trucks; Motorcycles; Boats; Powersports; Other Vehicles & Trailers; Real Estate; Classified Ad listings; Heavy Equipment; Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts; Commercial Printing Presses;
- All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
- The Promotion excludes listings created with a start date prior to, or after, the Promotion Period.
- Auction-style listings created during the Promotion Period must sell within the first listing period to be eligible for the Promotion; Fixed Price and Buy It Now listings must sell before the listing is automatically renewed.
- Relists or renewals that occur outside of the Promotion Period will not qualify for the Promotion.
- This Promotion is only valid for listings on the US site at www.ebay.com.
- Fees for optional features (such as reserve price , subtitle , Gallery Plus , listing in 2 categories , etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees and payments processing fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.
Promotion is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other insertion fee offer. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time, including in response to fraudulent activity.
Reference code: 16826