Uploading shipping tracking information is a vital part of the selling process. When buyers can track the progress of their shipment, they tend to be more satisfied and leave higher detailed seller ratings (DSRs). This key action also reduces the amount of time sellers spend answering one of the most common buyer questions: "Where's my stuff?" Additionally, tracking information and Delivery Confirmation plays an important role in the eBay dispute resolution process and helps you qualify for automatic 5-star shipping time DSRs.
You can upload virtually any shipping carrier’s shipping tracking information. When you upload this information to eBay, your buyers receive it via an automated email, and can access it from within their My eBay. If you pay for shipping and print shipping labels on eBay or PayPal, the upload of this information to eBay is automatic. If you use third party services or bulk tools to list your items, uploading this information to eBay is easy.
The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) offers Delivery Confirmation numbers with many of their services. A package shipped with Delivery Confirmation provides verification of delivery. Other carrier services offer shipping tracking numbers. A package shipped with a tracking number is generally scanned at each checkpoint, providing way-point status throughout the delivery process.
- Improved Buyer Experience. When you upload this information, buyers can more easily determine when they will receive their packages.
- Improved Buyer Confidence. Uploading Delivery Confirmation or tracking information gives buyers greater confidence that their transaction will go through without an issue.
- Improved Feedback and DSRs. When buyers can track the progress of their shipment, they're more satisfied and tend to leave higher DSRs. Tracking information and Delivery Confirmation also helps you qualify for automatic 5-star shipping time DSRs.
- Seller Efficiency. Providing tracking information and Delivery Confirmation tends to reduce the amount of time spent answering shipping-related buyer questions.
- Seller Protection. Shipping tracking information plays an important role in the eBay dispute resolution process. Tracking information that shows delivery to the address in the order details, is seen as "evidence" in the event an Item Not Received case is opened, and protects sellers against claims. For transactions of $750 or more (including domestic shipping, tax, and any other fees charged by the seller), be sure to upload shipping tracking information and include Signature Confirmation to protect yourself from eBay Buyer Protection cases (Note: for PayPal Buyer Protection cases, items costing $250 or more require proof of the recipient's signature.)
Once you've uploaded tracking information or Delivery Confirmation, it appears in the following places:
- The item’s Order Details page
- My eBay
- Feedback page
- Automated Order Update email
- Ask Seller a Question page
To upload tracking information in Selling Manager follow the steps below:
- Go to the Sold Items section of Selling Manager.
- Select the check box next to the item or items for which you want to add a tracking or Delivery Confirmation number.
- Click the Add Tracking Number button.
- On the Add/Edit/Delete Tracking Number page, enter the tracking or Delivery Confirmation number.
- If eBay can determine the carrier you're using, such as USPS or UPS, we'll pre-fill that information in the Carrier box. Otherwise, enter the name of your carrier.
- Click the Save button.
Select the check box next to the item and click Add Tracking
Enter the tracking or Delivery Confirmation number and check to see if eBay pre-filled the shipping carrier name