Fee updates go into effect on May 1, 2015. Learn more
- Get great feedback and DSRs: The key to getting positive feedback and ratings is excellent customer service. Always represent your item accurately and honestly. Make your terms of sale easy to find and understand, especially concerning payment terms, shipping, and returns. Respond to questions quickly, be patient and courteous—and be sure to leave positive feedback to encourage your buyers to do the same. More tips for stellar feedback and DSR’s.
- Do your research: Before listing, learn all about how eBay displays search results and find out if your item does best in a Fixed Price format or an Auction-style listing. After listing, use the Listing Analytics app to get insight into the visibility, clicks and sales your listings are generating. Learn about your best and worst performers and revise listings right from the app to maximize sales. Detailed business analysis sets the most successful sellers apart. Track trends using third party tools such as Marketplace Research by Terapeak and analyze your eBay sales performance, understand key growth contributors, and identify opportunities and areas for improvement with eBay Sales Reports and your eBay Stores traffic reports.
- Use the Seller Dashboard to monitor your performance. You can access this essential tool through My eBay. Among other important information, you can view details about your PowerSeller or Top-rated seller status, policy compliance, and buyer satisfaction.
- Encourage multiple purchases: Offer combined shipping discounts to drive additional sales. Encourage buyers to purchase multiple items by offering discounts on multiple items. Or, use Markdown Manager for your Store Inventory or Fixed Price listings to create a limited time sale or free shipping to create a sense of purchase urgency. Use our new multi-variation listing format to create one listing showing all the sizes and colors you have of a single item.
- Open an eBay Store: Get from up to 150 to 2,500 FREE listings* per month when you showcase your listings in a fully customizable eBay Store. You also get special access to advanced design, marketing, and reporting features plus dedicated toll-free customer support. When you subscribe to an eBay store you’re given a powerful suite of tools to help you build, manage, promote, and track your business on eBay. In addition, Premium and Anchor Stores receive many additional perks such as Selling Manager Pro for free.
- Save time with seller tools: Whether you sell ten, a hundred, or thousands of items, eBay seller tools can streamline your work from start to finish. List more and automate your selling process to increase your efficiency, maximize sales, and increase profits. Start saving time by automating some of your every day tasks using Selling Manager and Turbo Lister. Both are free. More advanced tools are available as you grow. New applications by third parties are available directly in the applications tab of Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro. Take advantage of the applications' free trial offers to find the one that is right for you.
- Drive more traffic to your listings: Increase your visibility among Internet shoppers to get more bids and boost your final selling prices. Optimize your listings for search engines by using keywords in your title and description. Share your expertise, enhance your reputation and drive additional traffic to your listings by writing Reviews & Guides about your top-selling products—it's easy, effective, and free.
- Go global: Now that only domestic DSRs count towards seller benefits, you can reach buyers around the world risk free. Describe your item with global sizes, clearly specify shipping destinations and rates, and take extra care when communicating with international buyers. International trading is a great way to expand your market and your sales. The new ship-to location control feature makes it easier than ever to ship to only the countries you want to.
- Source products on eBay: Increase profits by purchasing bulk lots for re-sale right on eBay. Find great deals by searching for wholesale lots in most categories on eBay.
- Get tips and resources to grow your business: Visit the Seller Center for tips, best practices and important solutions to help your business, or download the printable New Business Seller Guide or Advanced Business Seller Guide for in-depth step by step instruction for businesses on eBay.
TOOLS, TIPS, AND MORE
Download the New Business Selling Guide.
Download the Advanced Business Selling Guide.
Attract buyers and boost sales up to 11%*.
The Global Shipping Program makes it easy.
Learn how customs delays won’t affect you.
Find out which seller tool(s) are right for you.
Tips for Following on eBay
- Building your collections
- Creating your eBay profile
- Attracting followers
- eBay Stores: showcasing items
Connect with other eBay sellers and get the tools, tips, and inspiration to grow your business.
*Pay no insertion fees for your allotted free listings per calendar month. Optional fees, including advanced listing upgrades and supplemental service fees, still apply. Pay final value fees only when you sell. Motors Vehicles, Real Estate, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment and Commercial Printing Presses are excluded. Terms are subject to change. Learn more.