Selling Manager Pro frequently asked questions
What is eBay Selling Manager Pro?
Selling Manager Pro is an online eBay listing tool that integrates with your My eBay pages. This tool helps you list items in bulk, manage inventory and track your listings throughout the entire sales cycle. As a seller, Selling Manager Pro will help take your business to the next level. You will be able to list items, track your sales status and respond to your buyers more efficiently and faster than ever before.
How is eBay Selling Manager Pro different from eBay Selling Manager?
Selling Manager Pro offers everything that Selling Manager does in addition to bulk email, feedback and printing, inventory management, reporting, and automation capabilities
Can I list items on eBay with eBay Selling Manager Pro?
Yes! eBay Selling Manager Pro lets you list items in bulk by saving your listing information from the Sell Your Item form. In this way you can save time by being able to launch your listings multiple times. You also get access to Listing Designer for free to create listings with attractive description templates.
As a seller, why should I use eBay Selling Manager Pro?
If you are a high volume seller and list over hundreds of items a month, or if you find your current selling tools inefficient you should try Selling Manager Pro. It will allow you to do the following:
- Find out what to list and relist in bulk by tracking your inventory
- Sell smarter by using your products' success ratio and average selling price.
- Become more efficient by emailing your buyers, sending feedback and printing invoices in bulk
- Greatly reduce the time you spend on buyer emails by using customizable email templates and sending them in bulk
- Save time by automating your post sales emails and feedback
- Understand your business better by getting monthly sales reports of all your sales activity on eBay including your fees.
- Reschedule and manage your pending listings.
- Get free listing designer templates!
How do I subscribe to eBay Selling Manager Pro?
You can subscribe to Selling Manager Pro directly from the eBay site here
. Once you are subscribed, it will appear in your My eBay Selling tab.
How much does it cost to use eBay Selling Manager Pro?
If you are a new subscriber, you will receive a 30-day free trial of Selling Manager Pro. After the 30 days has passed, your monthly subscription fee of $15.99 will automatically be added to your eBay account and will appear on your monthly invoice.
Premium or Anchor eBay Store sellers: Get a free subscription to Selling Manager Pro! You will not be charged for Selling Manager Pro as long as you maintain a Premium or Anchor Store subscription. To qualify for this offer, you must subscribe to Selling Manager Pro on the same eBay country site where you opened your eBay Store. If you are interested in subscribing to a Premium or Anchor Store, click here.
How do I list to multiple eBay sites using Selling Manager Pro?
To add other eBay international Web sites to the sites you can list on, please follow these steps:
- Click "My eBay at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
- Click the "Preferences" link on the left side of the page, under the "My Account" heading.
- Click the "Show" link to the right of "Sell Your Item form and listings" under the "Selling Preferences" heading.
- Click the "Edit" link to the right of "List on these worldwide eBay sites."
- Select the check boxes of eBay sites that you want to list on and click "Save".
What is the “Custom Label” field?
In Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro, the Custom Label field lets you create product identifiers or SKUs to track and manage your inventory. You can enter up to 50 characters to identify the product how you want. The Custom Label will appear in place of the Part Number field. However, if you have information in the Part Number field it will be moved to the Custom Label field. You will be able to view, sort, and report by this field.
How do I save my existing listings as Inventory in Selling Manager Pro?
To create inventory templates from your currently active listings, go into the “Active” view of Selling Manager Pro and click the white check box to the left of each listing that you want to save as Inventory. With this done, click “Save to Inventory.” Note that the maximum number of items you can save to Inventory at one time is 20, as that is the maximum number of listing templates that can be within a single Product template.
In the Product Inventory view, what are the differences between Folders, Product Templates and Listing Templates?
The top level of your Selling Manager Pro Inventory is the folder. A folder can contain sub-folders, and each of the folders contains products and can be managed from the Inventory View page.
A product is a data record for the item you are selling. The record has several pieces of information, such as:
- Item name (buyers don't see this, so you can use any name you want)
- Quantity available of this item
- Average cost of the item
- Custom label (this can be used to add a SKU number, location, or any other helpful information)
Product Inventory doesn't include all the information needed to create a listing, so you can either create a listing in the Sell Your Item form, and then save it as a listing template for future use, or re-use an existing listing template.
The listing template includes the title, item description, pictures, and other information needed for your listing. You can use this template over and over, and you can create up to 20 listing templates for a single product. Whenever you list an item with any of those templates, Selling Manager Pro knows the listing is for that particular product and automatically reduces the amount in the "Quantity Available to List" field.
How do I set up automation rules for my listings in Selling Manager Pro?
There are two ways to go about setting up automation rules. You can set them up from the Inventory view or from the Active view.
- Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
- On the left side of the page, click the "Inventory" or "Active" link.
- In the Action column on the right, click the "Assign Automation Rules" link.
- From the "Rule" pull-down menu, select the automatic listing or relisting rule you want.
- Assign the settings for this rule and click the "Assign" button.
How do I tell if my automation rules are set up correctly?
If you set up the automation rules in the Inventory view, you will need to activate the automation rules by listing the items manually through the “Sell Again” button within the Inventory view. After the items are listed and appear in the “Active” section of your my eBay pages, you will see a the name of your automation rules below the time in the “Time Left” column. You will also be able to see the automation rule name in the “End Date” column of the Unsold view. No automation rule notations are visible in the “Sold” view.
My buyer and I have not completed the transaction and I’ve received my final value fees. The item still appears as “Awaiting Payment” in Selling Manager Pro. How do I remove it from this section?
While you can't actually remove sold listings from Selling Manager, what you can do is go into your Sold view and locate the item. Click on the white box to the left of your listing, then click the Archive button. This will move your item from the Sold section to the Archived section. The sale will no longer show as pending in your Selling Manager summary page.
I accidentally marked an item as paid. How do I unmark it as being paid?
To unmark an item as being paid for in Selling Manager, go into your Sold view and click on the Record Number of the listing. On the following page, scroll to the bottom and uncheck the box that says "Payment received on..". Once unchecked, click "Save" to have your item go back into the Awaiting Payment section.
How do I send an invoice with Selling Manager Pro?
Selling Manager Pro has its own method of invoicing, which is different from the standard My eBay. Here's how to send invoices:
- Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
- Click Sold on the left to access your Sold listings.
- Find and select the item you wish to send the invoice for.
- Click the Send Invoice link on the Action drop-down menu.
How do I send a combined invoice with Selling Manager Pro?
To combine an invoice through Selling Manager Pro, you'll want to go into your Sold view and click on one of the record numbers to the right of your buyer's user ID. In here you should see a "Combine Purchases" link in the Transaction Details section - click on that to combine the two listings.
What are Selling Manager Applications?
Selling Manager Applications
are third-party tools and applications to make all aspects of selling on eBay easier and more efficient. They can help you with every area of your business from sourcing product to shipping your items, and can be used right within Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. Some of these applications are free, but most charge a subscription fee. Selling Manager Applications are optional, and you will need to subscribe to them separately from Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. Learn more