- Are there restrictions on the use of eBay Gift Cards?
- There are limits on redeeming eBay Gift Cards, including time and spending threshold limits. Additionally, eBay Gift Cards may not be used to buy other eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots).
- Where can I buy an eBay Gift Card?
You can also buy an eBay Gift Card at retail stores. Check out current promotions.
- When and where can I use an eBay Gift Card?
- You can use your eBay Gift Card to pay for items listed on eBay.com when you pay with PayPal.
- How do I find out how much money is on my eBay Gift Card?
- Look up your eBay Gift Card balance using our online Gift Card Balance Checker.
- Do I need a PayPal account to use an eBay Gift Card?
- You need a PayPal account to use an eBay Gift Card. You can create a PayPal account any time, even after you've won an item.
- Do I need an eBay account to use an eBay Gift Card?
- You need an eBay account registered in the U.S. and a U.S. shipping address to use an eBay Gift Card. You can create an eBay account at any time.
- How do I pay with an eBay Gift Card?
To use your eBay Gift Card, enter the 13-digit redemption code at checkout.
- If you received a digital Gift Card through email, the redemption code can be found in the email.
- If you have a physical Gift Card, the redemption code is on the back of the card. Gently scratch off the security coating to see the redemption code.
- Please note, it can take up to 4 hours for your eBay Gift Card to be activated and ready to be redeemed.
- What if my order total is less than the amount of my eBay Gift Card?
After using your eBay Gift Card, any remaining balance is attached to your eBay account.
To redeem the remaining balance, enter your redemption code at checkout, and be sure you're using the same eBay account as your previous purchase.
- Where's the email with the redemption code?
If the email with the redemption code hasn't arrived:
- Keep in mind that it can take up to 3 hours for the email to arrive.
- Check your email spam or junk folders.
- Contact the seller—they may be able to resend the email.
When you buy a digital Gift Card for yourself, the email with the redemption code goes to your eBay-registered email address (the email address you use on eBay), so make sure you're checking the right email account.
- Why wasn't my eBay Gift Card accepted while paying for an item?
Here are a few things to check if your eBay Gift Card isn't accepted:
- Make sure that you have an eBay account registered in the U.S. and a U.S. shipping address.
- If you used your eBay Gift Card once before, make sure you're using the same eBay account as your previous purchase.
- Make sure there's money on your eBay Gift Card by checking your gift card balance.
- Make sure you are not exceeding the Gift Card time and threshold redemption limits.
- Only eight (8) incentive codes can be accepted per check-out transaction. These codes include eBay Gift Cards, eBay Gift Certificates, eBay Bucks, and coupons.
- An eBay Gift Card may not be used to purchase other eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots). If you have any of these items in your cart when you're checking out, an eBay Gift Card cannot be applied.
- Where can I get help if I'm having trouble redeeming my eBay Gift Card at checkout?
- If you are having trouble redeeming your eBay Gift Card at checkout, click here for some additional troubleshooting steps or to contact us.
- What if I return something I bought with an eBay Gift Card?
- If you return an item you bought with an eBay Gift Card, the refund is credited back to your Gift Card.
- Is there a way to replace a lost eBay Gift Card?
- An unused eBay Gift Card which has been lost, stolen, or damaged will only be replaced where required by law, when you have proof of purchase and the Gift Card number.
- What are the terms and conditions of eBay Gift Cards and Gift Certificates?
eBay Gift Cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash, unless required by law.
eBay Gift Cards and Gift Certificates never expire, and there are no fees.
- How do I guard against fraudulent activity?
- Treat your eBay Gift Card redemption code like cash. Never give or send your Gift Card redemption code to anyone. Your eBay Gift Card can only be redeemed at checkout on ebay.com. Do not provide your Gift Card redemption code to other websites that request eBay Gift Card redemption codes as payment. For more information or if you suspect involvement in a scam, please contact us.
- How do I bulk buy eBay Gift Cards for corporate gifting and incentives?
- For bulk gift card orders for $1,000 or more email B2BGiftCards@eBay.com or visit our B2B Portal.
- What if I scratched my eBay Gift Card code off? What if there are other issues with my eBay Gift Card?
Please gather the following information and items and contact the retailer where your eBay Gift Card was purchased:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- A picture of the back of the Gift Card
- A picture of the purchase receipt for the Gift Card
- Your eBay account name
- The Gift Card redemption code, if legible