Everything you need to know about receiving funds on eBay
Why payments may be shown as pending
Payments to some eBay sellers may be shown as pending in your PayPal account, and may not be available for a period of time to allow for successful fulfillment.
Common reasons your funds might be pending
These are the most common reasons your funds would be unavailable for a period of time:
- You're a new seller or have limited selling history, which means you have not yet met all of the following criteria:
- It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
- You've made more than 25 sales transactions
- You've had more than $250 in total sales
- Your current performance has fallen below the minimum standard for all eBay sellers.
- Your status shows as 'Below Standard' in your Seller Dashboard.
- There may be a high level of risk associated with your account or transactions.
How to Get Your Funds Faster
What can I do to get my funds more quickly?
The most important thing you can do to help get your funds more quickly is ship the same day your buyer pays and follow good shipping practices. Based on your shipping method and the shipping information you provide, here's when your funds should be available:
3 days after we can confirm the order was delivered, if you pay for shipping and print labels on eBay. The eBay label printing service is free, your tracking information uploads automatically, and you'll get funds to help cover shipping.
3 days after we can confirm the order was delivered, if you ship directly using USPS, UPS or FedEx and manually enter your tracking information to My eBay.
7 days after your latest estimated delivery date if you don't upload tracking information but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay.
21 days after the buyer pays, if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated.
Please keep in mind that it may take longer to get funds if your buyer reports a problem with the transaction.
Best practices for faster access to funds
- Achieve and maintain eBay Top Rated Seller, Above Standard, or Standard status.
- Offer an expedited shipping option (package delivered in 1-3 business days).
- Specify 1-day handling time and always ship the same day you receive the order. Remember estimated delivery time Is a combination of your handling time plus the carrier's published estimated delivery time.
- Buy postage at a discount and print shipping labels on eBay. eBay label printing is a free service. Tracking information is uploaded automatically and funds for shipping will be made available.
- Ship with a carrier that offers package tracking and always upload the tracking information to eBay.
- If you choose not to use a service with tracking, make sure you mark the item as shipped in My eBay.
- Respond quickly to resolve any buyer issues.
- Follow all recommended best practices for providing great service and preventing Buyer Protection claims from being opened.