Our core privacy principles
Our core privacy principles remain the same throughout eBay worldwide:
- Third parties are not permitted to sell the information we provide to them, to market directly to you, or to disclose it in any other way without your explicit consent.
- We share your personal information with Internal Service Providers for our operations only to facilitate or outsource an eBay service or operation when absolutely necessary and under confidential restrictions.
- We give you choices about how you wish to be contacted in the Preferences section of My eBay.
- We let you change your personal information so that you can keep it up to date.
- Other eBay companies that have access to your personal information in accordance with the policy are required to protect your personal information at least as strictly as we do.
- We use safe, secure technology and other privacy protection programs to keep your personal information secure on eBay.
Decide how you'd like to be contacted by eBay
Go to eBay's notification preferences page
and select how you would like to be contacted by eBay. For example, you can elect to receive the eBay Newsletter
and other important eBay communications.
Learn how your information is disclosed
You can also get a detailed description of how your information is disclosed on eBay and what other people can see.
Help! I've been spammed
If you have received spam and want it to stop, learn what you can do.
General privacy information from other sources
Learn more about third party verification Web sites and other Internet privacy groups.
- Mail-Abuse.org A third party privacy protection group
- SpamCop A third party privacy protection group
- FTC The Federal Trade Commission has a great privacy resource page.