- Where can I buy an eBay gift card?
You can also buy an eBay gift card at retail stores.
- When and where can I use an eBay gift card?
You can use your gift card on items listed on eBay.com when you pay with PayPal.
- How do I find out how much money is on my eBay gift card?
Look up your gift card balance or call (866) 914-8078.
- Do I need a PayPal account to use an eBay gift card?
You need a US-registered PayPal account to use an eBay gift card. You can create a PayPal account any time, even after you've won an item.
- How do I pay with an eBay gift card?
To use your gift card, enter your 13-digit redemption code at checkout.
- If you received your gift card through email, the redemption code is in the email.
- If you have a physical gift card, the redemption code is on the back of the card. Scratch off the security coating to see the code.
- Please note, it can take up to 4 hours for your gift card to be activated and ready to be redeemed.
- What if my order total is less than the amount of my gift card?
After using your gift card, any remaining balance is attached to your PayPal account.
To redeem the remaining balance, enter your redemption code at checkout, and be sure you’re using the PayPal account that you used previously with the gift card.
- Where’s the email with the redemption code?
If the email with the redemption code hasn’t arrived:
- Keep in mind that it can take up to 3 hours for the email to arrive.
- Ask the recipient to check their email spam folder.
- Contact the seller—they may be able to resend the email.
When you buy a digital gift card for yourself, the email with the redemption code goes to your eBay-registered email address (the email address you use on eBay), so make sure you’re checking the right email account.
- Why wasn’t my eBay gift card accepted while paying for an item?
Here are a few things to keep in mind if your gift card isn’t accepted:
The gift card might not be ready for redemption yet. It can take up to 4 hours after purchase.
- If you used your gift card once before, make sure you’re using the same PayPal account as your previous purchase.
- Make sure there’s money on your card by checking your gift card balance.
- There are limits on redeeming gift cards. You can redeem up to $500 in any 30-day period with an unverified PayPal account, or $5,000 in any 180-day period with a verified PayPal account.
Only eight (8) incentive codes can be accepted per check-out transaction. These codes include gift cards, coupons, and eBay Bucks.
- What if I return something I bought with an eBay gift card?
If you return an item you bought with an eBay gift card, the money goes back into your PayPal account.
- Is there a way to replace a lost eBay gift card?
If you only used part of your gift card, the remaining balance is attached to your PayPal account. You can use it for future purchases, even if you lose the card or redemption code.
If you haven’t used your gift card yet, then we only replace lost, stolen, or damaged gift cards where required by law, when you have proof of purchase.
What are the terms and conditions of eBay gift cards?
Gift cards are non-refundable and non-refundable.
eBay gift cards and gift certificates never expire, and there are no fees.
- How do I bulk buy eBay gift cards for corporate gifting and incentives?
For bulk gift card orders for $1000 or more email B2BGiftCards@eBay.com.
- What if I scratched off my redemption code?
Contact eBay Customer Service
Please have your eBay gift card and store receipt on hand and the customer service agent can promptly assist with your gift card issue. You will need to supply a picture of the back of your gift card and the receipt.
- File a claim when logged into your ebay account
- Call eBay Customer Service (866)540-3229.