- Are there restrictions on the use of eBay gift cards?
- There are limits on redeeming gift cards, including time and spending threshold limits. Additionally, eBay gift cards may not be used to buy eBay gift cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots).
- Where can I buy an eBay gift card?
You can also buy an eBay gift card at retail stores. Check out current promotions.
- When and where can I use an eBay gift card?
- You can use your gift card to pay for items listed on eBay.com when you pay with PayPal.
- How do I find out how much money is on my eBay gift card?
- Look up your gift card balance using our online Gift Card Balance Checker.
- Do I need a PayPal account to use an eBay gift card?
- You need a PayPal account to use an eBay gift card. You can create a PayPal account any time, even after you've won an item.
- Do I need an eBay account to use an eBay Gift Card?
- You need an eBay account registered in the U.S. and a U.S. shipping address to use an eBay gift card. You can create an eBay account at any time.
- How do I pay with an eBay gift card?
To use your gift card, enter your 13-digit redemption code at checkout.
- If you received your gift card through email, the redemption code can be found in the email.
- If you have a physical gift card, the redemption code is on the back of the card. Gently scratch off the security coating to see the code.
- Please note, it can take up to 4 hours for your gift card to be activated and ready to be redeemed.
- What if my order total is less than the amount of my gift card?
After using your gift card, any remaining balance is attached to your eBay account.
To redeem the remaining balance, enter your redemption code at checkout, and be sure you're using the eBay account that you used previously with the gift card.
- Where's the email with the redemption code?
If the email with the redemption code hasn't arrived:
- Keep in mind that it can take up to 3 hours for the email to arrive.
- Ask the recipient to check their email spam folder.
- Contact the seller—they may be able to resend the email.
When you buy a digital gift card for yourself, the email with the redemption code goes to your eBay-registered email address (the email address you use on eBay), so make sure you're checking the right email account.
- Why wasn't my eBay gift card accepted while paying for an item?
Here are a few things to keep in mind if your gift card isn't accepted:
- Make sure that you have an eBay account registered in the U.S. and a U.S. shipping address.
- If you used your gift card once before, make sure you're using the same eBay account as your previous purchase.
- Make sure there's money on your card by checking your gift card balance.
- There are limits on redeeming gift cards, including time and spending threshold limits.
- Only eight (8) incentive codes can be accepted per check-out transaction. These codes include gift cards, coupons, and eBay Bucks.
- An eBay gift card may not be used to purchase eBay gift cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots). If you have any of these items in your cart when you're checking out, a gift card cannot be applied.
- What if I return something I bought with an eBay gift card?
- If you return an item you bought with an eBay gift card, the money goes back onto your gift card.
- Is there a way to replace a lost eBay gift card?
- If you haven't used your gift card yet, then we only replace lost, stolen, or damaged gift cards where required by law, when you have proof of purchase and the gift card number.
- What are the terms and conditions of eBay gift cards and gift certificates?
Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
eBay gift cards and gift certificates never expire, and there are no fees.
- What if I suspect fraudulent activity?
- Never give your gift card code to anyone. Treat your gift card code like cash. Only redeem your gift card code at checkout on ebay.com. If the item does not have an ebay.com URL, do not continue. Do not send your gift card code to anyone. Reach out to eBay customer service if you suspect gift card fraud. Stay away from purchasing items on other websites that request eBay Gift Card codes as acceptable payment methods.
- How do I bulk buy eBay gift cards for corporate gifting and incentives?
- For bulk gift card orders for $1,000 or more email B2BGiftCards@eBay.com or visit our B2B Portal.
- What if I scratched my gift card code off? What if there are other issues with my eBay Gift Card?
Please gather the following information and items and contact the retailer where the gift card was purchased:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- Picture of back of card
- Picture of receipt
- Your eBay account name
- Gift Card Redemption Code, if legible