PARCEL INSURANCE TERMS OF COVERAGE
|INSURING COMPANY:||INTERSTATE FIRE AND CASUALTY COMPANY|
PLEASE READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. In exchange for your being permitted to access this service to purchase ShipCover Insurance for your package, you must click on an icon affirmatively representing that you have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions, including the listed exclusions. You will not be able to proceed with your transaction and purchase ShipCover Insurance unless you first do so. And by doing so, you are agreeing to act in accordance with the terms and conditions and represent that you are not, for example, shipping an item that is excluded from coverage. If you indicate your acceptance of the terms and conditions and nonetheless ship an item excluded from coverage or otherwise fail to act in accordance with terms and conditions you waive any claim arising out of your purchase of ShipCover insurance, including return of any premium(s) paid.
The following outlines your agreement with Parcel Insurance Plan ("PIP") who is acting as our agent, and Interstate Fire and Casualty Company("Insurer"), a subsidiary of Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company, relating to your purchase of parcel insurance (the "Parcel Insurance") from PIP and underwritten by Insurer.
This document is issued as a summary of insurance for information only. It does not constitute a legal contract of insurance. The summary is furnished in accordance with, and in all respects is subject to, the terms of the Master Policy. The insurance is underwritten by Insurer under a Master Policy, a copy of which is available via a link at the end of this document.
Insurer agrees to provide you with the coverage set forth in the Master Policy in exchange for payment of the applicable premium. Pricing mentioned below is only an estimate and actual pricing may vary at the time of purchase.
||PER PACKAGE LIABILITY LIMIT
||PER PACKAGE DEDUCTIBLE
||PREMIUM (per $100 value)
||$ 1.65 per $ 100
$0.05 State Tax
0.25% Stamping Fee
||$ 1.65 per $ 100
$0.05 State Tax
0.25% Stamping Fee
|*All pricing includes coverage for losses resulting from Certified Acts of Terrorism.
$0.02 per $100 of Package value ($0.01 per $100 of Package value in Florida and $0.015 per $100 of
Package value in Georgia)
I. WHAT THE INSURANCE INSURES:
- Insurer, through a Master Policy, insures your package (defined as a single shipping unit bearing a single Carrier identification number) and its contents against damage or loss from any external cause while in the care, custody or control of the company or organization ("Carrier") you select on the www.ebay.com website to deliver a Package to an eBay purchaser. Coverage applies only during transit from your premises to the shipping destination, EXCEPT as hereinafter excluded. Neither PIP nor Insurer will be liable for more than the declared value, actual cash value, cost to repair or replace, or per package liability limit, whichever is less. Your coverage becomes effective when you ship the insured package.
II. THE INSURANCE DOES NOT INSURE:
- Coins, bullion, loose diamonds or stones, stocks, bonds, currency, deeds, evidences of debt, travelers checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, admission tickets, or any other negotiable documents.
- Loss from delay, deterioration, spoilage or contamination of perishable merchandise except when resulting from fire.
- Merchandise shipped on consignment, memorandum or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of an order or request.
- Plasma televisions or monitors.
- Loss, damage or non-arrival of any Package which:
- Is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to Carrier’s packaging requirements; or
- Bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents EXCEPT if shipped via Parcel Post and required by Postal Law and Regulations.
- Against loss or damage arising out of dishonesty on the part of you, your employees, a Certificate Holder or a Certificate Holder’s employees.
- Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
- Hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack by:
- Any government or sovereign power (de jure or de facto);
- Any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces;
- Military, naval or air forces; or
- An agent of any such government power, authority or forces;
- Any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war;
- Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence;
- Seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations;
- Confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation or trade; or
- Nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, however caused. But if nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, results in fire, we will pay for the loss or damage caused by that fire.
III. CONDITIONS OF THIS INSURANCE:
- Coverage is contingent upon the Carrier being liable for loss, damage or shortage relating to a Package.
- The Deductible, if applicable, will be deducted from the amount of claim. You shall be entitled to and be responsible for collecting from the Carrier any part of the Deductible for which the Carrier is liable.
- The Insurer will not be liable if packages are not reported to PIP and related premiums are not remitted. If the premium payment is not received within ten days of your request for insurance, all coverage and pending claim payments under this Insurance will be suspended until reinstated by PIP or the Insurer.
- No suit or action for the recovery of any claim under this Insurance shall be sustainable in any court of law or equity unless commenced within twelve (12) months after you discover the occurrence which gives rise to the claim, provided, however, that if by the laws of the State within which the Master Policy is issued, such limitation is invalid, then any such claim shall be void unless such action or suit commences within the shortest limit of time permitted by the laws of that State.
- Changes to the Master Policy can only be effected by endorsements signed by you, PIP, and the Insurer.
- This Insurance treats banded boxes and pallets of boxes as one single package.
- If a part of a pair or set is lost or damaged, this Insurance will only pay you a reasonable and fair portion of the total value of the pair or set and NOT the total value.
- This Insurance is void if you have intentionally concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstance relating to this insurance.
- Whenever coverage provided by the Master Policy would be in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions, such coverage is null and void,
- CLAIM PROCEDURE
- You will electronically file claims with PIP via the www.ebay.com website within 90 days of the effective date of coverage.
- Claims may not be submitted earlier than:
- 30 days after the effective date of coverage for lost claims; and
- 7 days after the effective date of coverage for damage claims.
- All damaged property for which payment (not repair costs) or replacement has been requested or made must on request be returned to PIP.
- A covered loss will be paid to you or your assignee within 7 business days of PIP’s receipt of all required claim documentation and requested damaged goods.
- Upon payment or replacement for loss or damage, your rights to recover from the Carrier, excluding amount equal to your deductible, are transferred to the Insurer. You will assist us in every reasonable manner to secure recovery.
- If you have questions concerning a pending claim, please contact PIP at 1-877-325-2462 or https://www.pipinsure.com/ShipCoverContacts.html
IV. INFORMATION SHARING
Any personal information you provide in connection with the purchase of the Parcel Insurance, any claims filed in connection with the Parcel Insurance, or both, will be shared with PIP and the Insurer. Such information may also be shared with other persons or companies involved in the management or service of the Parcel Insurance, related claims, or both. Specifically, such personal information may be shared with unaffiliated third parties, including agents, brokers, other insurance companies, reinsurers, regulators, administrators and service providers and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Note that such sharing of data may be outside the jurisdiction in which the data was obtained.