Global Shipping Program
Selling around the world is as easy as selling across town.
How it works
The Global Shipping Program (GSP) takes the complexity out of shipping internationally, bringing your business to markets around the world.
When you sign up for GSP and an eligible item sells abroad, simply ship it to eBay's Global Shipping Center in Kentucky, and the Program takes care of every step until that item reaches its buyer.
Selling internationally is hassle-free with the Global Shipping Program.
Eligible listings are automatically available to millions of buyers in more than 100 countries. It's no surprise GSP sellers have seen their sales increase by up to 15%.*
GSP handles everything that makes selling abroad so difficult, including arranging international shipping, completing customs forms, and handling import fees, which are paid by buyers at the time of purchase.
Sellers love GSP because it gives them the protection of
- End-to-end tracking. Keep an eye on your item all the way to your buyer's front door.
- Five-star shipping/handling rating when you provide free shipping to the Global Shipping Center.
- Five-star shipping-time rating when you ship with same-day or one-day handling.
- Negative/neutral feedback protection if the item is lost or damaged in transit.
Ready to sell with the Global Shipping Program? Check your eligibility.
Seller eligibility for the Global Shipping Program is simple. Sellers must
- have a US seller rating of standard or above.
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations under the eBay User Agreement.
The Global Shipping Program automatically identifies your eligible items
- The item must be physically located in the US.
- The item must be listed for sale on eBay.com.
- The item must be listed in a category supported by the Program. See restricted categories.
- PayPal must be the only accepted payment method.
- The delivery address must be a residence or street address.
- The item and packaging must be within the size and weight limits.
Learn how GSP can help you grow your business around the world.
The Global Shipping Program expands buyers' horizons.
Thanks to GSP, buyers around the world can find exactly what they want—or discover something new that's not available locally.
And buyers love the protections the Global Shipping Program offers, including end-to-end tracking and no surprise fees on delivery.
Through the Global Shipping Program, you can sell to the following countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Guadeloupe (French)
- Hong Kong
- Martinique (French)
- New Zealand
- Reunion (French)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
Items listed in any of these restricted categories are currently not supported by the Global Shipping Program due to export limitations or restrictions identified by a global shipping provider.
- Business & Industrial > Heavy Equipment
- Business & Industrial > Heavy Equipment Attachments
- Business & Industrial > Websites & Business for Sale
- Cell Phones & Accessories > Smart Watches
- Coins & Paper > Virtual Currency
- DVDs & Movies > Storage & Media Accessories
- eBay Motors > Vehicles (Note: Parts & Accessories are supported by the Global Shipping Program)
- Gift Cards & Coupons
- Health & Beauty > Fragrances
- Home & Garden > Fresh Cut Flowers & Supplies
- Pet Supplies > Backyard Poultry Supplies
- Pet Supplies > Other
- Real Estate
- Specialty Services, with the exception of:
- Specialty Services > Custom Clothing & Jewelry > Hats, Handbags & Accessories
- Specialty Services > Custom Clothing & Jewelry > Jewelry
- Specialty Services > Custom Clothing & Jewelry > Other
- Sporting Goods > Other
- Stamps > Other
- Tickets & Experiences
- Travel, with the exception of:
- Travel > Luggage
- Travel > Luggage Accessories
- Travel > Maps
- Travel > Travel Accessories
- Video Games & Consoles > Prepaid Gaming Cards
- Wholesale & Bulk Lots
Note: This is not a full list of unsupported categories. If the category you're listing in doesn't support the Global Shipping Program, you'll see an alert when you create your listing.
Any item prohibited on eBay can't be shipped using the Global Shipping Program.
Other items prohibited by the Global Shipping Program include:
- Obscene material
- Child pornography
- Hate propaganda
- Narcotics (including controlled substances)
- Currency (including bank notes, stocks, bonds, coupons, credit cards, unused travelers checks, securities, certificates, and other negotiable items)
- Weapons (including firearms, knives, etc.)
- Medical materials
- Biological specimens
- Perishable items
- Liquids, liquefiable substances, and powders
- Human body parts
- Batteries (with exception of those that come included with consumer electronics such as AA, C, Li-ion batteries)
- Radiological devices
- Dangerous goods
- Alcohol, including samples
- COD shipments
- Furs, fur clothing, fur-trimmed clothing
- Jewelry, gold, or any other precious metals (whether manufactured or non-manufactured) that are subject to carrier and/or customs restrictions
- Live, replica, or inert munitions
- Fine arts
- Cosmetics (including perfume)
- Parcels that exceed maximum package size and/or weight limits imposed by global service provider
- Any type of air, gas or liquid in a compressed container
- Radar busters
- Bows, crossbows, arrows
- Chemistry sets
- Nutritional supplements, neutraceutical
- Plant fertilizers, nutrients
To learn more about restrictions on shipping internationally, review our International trading policy.
To be eligible for the Global Shipping Program
- Your item must be physically located in the US.
- Your item must be listed for sale on eBay.com.
- Your item must be listed in a category that is supported by the Global Shipping Program.
- PayPal must be the only accepted payment method in your listing.
- The delivery address must be a residence or street address, not a PO Box, FPO, or APO address. (Exception: PO Box addresses to the following countries are allowed)
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
- Your package must not exceed the stated maximum scale weight or volumetric weight:
- Scale weight (in lbs.) is determined by measuring the package's weight on a scale
- Volumetric weight is determined using the following formula: (length x width x height) / 166
- The stated length must be the longest dimension of the package
- The package must not exceed the stated maximum "dimensions sum," which is determined using the following formula: 2 x (width + height) + length, where "length" is always the longest dimension of the package
- Be sure to add correct weights and dimensions to your listings to avoid delivery delays. Learn How.
|Country||Maximum weight (lbs)||Maximum length (in)||Maximum DIM weight|
|Bahrain, Belgium, Cyprus, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom||66||66||118|
|Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia||88||66||165|
|Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan||150||108||130|
|Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Bangladesh, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, French Guyana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guadeloupe (French), Guatemala, Guernsey, Honduras, Iceland, Jamaica, Jersey, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Maldives, Martinique (French), Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Reunion (French), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands||150||118||173|
Your item's sale price, excluding shipping and handling, must not be more than
|Dominican Republic, El Salvador||$200|
|Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Philippines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Turks and Caicos Islands||$500|
|Chile, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Trinidad and Tobago||$1,000|
|All other countries||$2,500|
- If an auction-style listing ends with a final sale price, excluding shipping and handling, of more than the maximum allowed for the country to which you're shipping, you're responsible for arranging alternate international shipping, and compliance with applicable US export rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Auction-style listings, with or without a Buy It Now option, aren't eligible for shipment to Russia through the Global Shipping Program. For these types of listings, you are responsible for arranging alternate international shipping, and compliance with applicable US export rules, regulations, and procedures.
- The item must not be ineligible, illegal, hazardous, subject to export restrictions, prohibited by eBay, or prohibited by the Global Shipping Program. See the eBay User Agreement and the Global Shipping Program policies and FAQs for complete details.
Add more countries
Many users have previous international shipping exclusions.
Follow these steps to add more countries and sell far and wide
- Open My eBay.
- Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences.
- In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, then click the Show link.
- Click the Edit link next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings.
- In the Global Shipping Program settings section near the bottom, select the Override my shipping exclusions for Global Shipping Program eligible items check box.
- Save changes.
- Shipping exclusions
Any exclusions you create will also apply to your Global Shipping Program eligible listings.
To manage shipping exclusions on an individual listing
- Be sure that you have cleared the Override my shipping exclusions for Global Shipping Program eligible items check box in My eBay.
- In the listing form, go to the Add shipping details section.
- Scroll to International shipping. Select Send it to the Global Shipping Center, and the rest will be taken care of for you check box. If you are unable to check the box, the listing category is not eligible.
- Click the create exclusions list to create shipping exclusions for this listing. If you already have exclusions, click the Edit exclusions list to make changes.
- Select the regions or countries you want to exclude.
- Click Apply to save the exclusions for this listing.
- Shipping and tracking your item
Once you print an eBay shipping label or upload the tracking number, eBay generates a global tracking number, which will appear in My eBay and on the Order details page along with the buyer's name and the address of the Global Shipping Center.
Important things to keep in mind
- If you have your own system that sends tracking information to buyers, send only the global tracking number to avoid confusing buyers.
- If you create your own shipping label, include a reference number. Find the reference number on the Order details page along with the buyer's name and the address of the Global Shipping Center.
- If you purchase USPS insurance, it protects you against any loss or damage to the package only until it reaches the Global Shipping Center. ShipCover insurance isn't available for Global Shipping Program shipments to the Global Shipping Center.
- If you purchase signature confirmation when for your item, the confirmation will come when the item is received at the Global Shipping Center, not when it's received by the buyer.
- Although you're responsible for getting the package safely to the Global Shipping Center, in general you won't be responsible if the item is damaged or lost during international shipping. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program policies and FAQs. Undeliverable items may not be returned to you.
Note: With the exception of shipments to Canada, delivery to PO Boxes is not supported by the Global Shipping Program. Shipments to APO or FPO addresses.
When you upload tracking information, we notify the buyer by email that the item has shipped and we include the global tracking number. The global tracking number is also visible to the buyer on the Order details page and in My eBay.
- Buyer charges
When international buyers view your listings, they'll see both shipping charges and estimated import charges.
At checkout, the buyer sees the final charges, including the item price, shipping charges, and the import charges.
Shipping charges include any US shipping charges you specify, as well as applicable international shipping, handling, and other fees.
Import charges include applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage, and other fees.
You receive the item price and your specified domestic shipping and handling charge directly from the buyer.
You can review the buyer's charges on the Order details page.
- Seller fees
- There is no fee to join the Global Shipping Program.
- Your final value fee is based on the final price of the item, shipping charges to the Global Shipping Center, and any other amounts you may charge the buyer. Sales tax is not included.
- Standard eBay selling fees and PayPal fees apply, including PayPal's transaction fees for cross-border payments.
- Customizing international shipping
You can customize which countries you'd like to ship to through the Global Shipping Program, allowing you to select which international shipping service you'd like to use for certain locations.
For example, you can set your preferences to ship to Canada through a standard carrier that provides international service, but still use the Global Shipping Program for the remaining eligible countries.
To customize your Global Shipping Program preferences by country
- Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences.
- Click Show to the right of the Shipping Preferences section.
- Click Edit to the right of Offer the Global Shipping Program.
- Select the Allow me to customize international shipping by country checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- In the International shipping section of your listing, select the shipping services you'd like to use for specific countries. You can add up to 4 international shipping options in addition to the Global Shipping Program.
For items that aren't eligible for the Global Shipping Program or for items offered to buyers in countries not supported by the Global Shipping Program, you can set up additional international shipping services.
To provide shipping services to countries not supported by the Global Shipping Program
- Go to the International shipping section of the listing form.
- Update your selection in the No additional international shipping dropdown menu.
- You can add up to 5 international shipping options.
- Opting out
Should you choose to opt out of the Global Shipping Program, you must wait 24 hours before renewing your enrollment.
To opt out of the Global Shipping Program
- Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences.
- Click the Show link to the right of the Shipping Preferences section.
- Click the Edit link to the right of Offer the Global Shipping Program.
- Click Opt Out.
- Review the information. If you still wish to opt out, click Continue to opt out.
- If you'd like to opt out of the Global Shipping Program but must wait 24 hours, you can still remove your active listings from the Global Shipping Program right away.
To remove a single active listing from the Global Shipping Program
- Go to My eBay > Activity > Sell > Active.
- Select the listing you'd like to change.
- In the Edit dropdown menu, select Edit selected.
- In the Add shipping details section, click the Edit selected policy link.
- In the International shipping section of the Edit shipping policy dialogue box, clear the Send it to the Global Shipping Center, and the rest will be taken care of for you box.
- Save and confirm your changes.
To remove all active listings from the Global Shipping Program
- Go to My eBay > Activity > Sell > Active.
- In the Edit dropdown menu, select Edit all listings.
- In Edit listings, select all of your listings by checking the box at the top of the left column.
- In the Edit dropdown menu, select Shipping policy.
- In the Edit business policies dialogue box, select Change to from the Shipping policy dropdown menu, and then click the edit link next to the shipping policy name.
- In the International shipping area of the Edit shipping policy dialogue box, clear the Send it to the Global Shipping Center, and the rest will be taken care of for you box.
Sellers big and small succeed with GSP
Petco: eBay seller since 2013
"The Global Shipping Program increases a brand's exposure in countries beyond the US, and with no additional effort! It's a win-win for your business and eBay."
Buzz Bookstore: eBay seller since 2005
"Can I just say how pleased I am with the program? I've been using it for about 6 months now and I've definitely seen a financial benefit."
Cardboard Legends: eBay seller since 1998
"This is one of the best things eBay has implemented... our international sales are up because of it."
ecomElectronics: eBay seller since 2006
"Within 24 hours we received more than 130 orders from international buyers!"
*Approximately 16% of sellers who enrolled in the Global Shipping Program in April 2015, who had not previously sold internationally and who enabled more than 60% of their eligible listings with the Global Shipping Program, experienced a 15% increase in sales (or more) 90 days after enrollment as measured against the 90-day period prior to enrollment. Individual results may vary.