PayPal is a secure online payment system that protects both buyers and sellers from start to finish. It's also the easiest way for sellers to accept credit cards. PayPal charges a fee for each transaction, however there are no setup fees, monthly fees, or minimum charge requirements.
- Credit or debit card
Some professional sellers choose to open their own merchant account directly through credit card companies, but the majority of sellers use PayPal to accept credit cards. PayPal offers competitive rates on transactions, and it's free to sign up.
- Payment upon pickup
- PayPal Credit
- Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as wire transfers and bank cash transfers).
- Money orders.
- Online payment services: Allpay.net, CertaPay, hyperwallet.com, Fiserv, Nochex.com, XOOM.
- Not allowed
- Sending cash through the mail.
- Sending cash or money orders through instant, point-to-point cash transfer services that are not banks) such as Western Union or MoneyGram.
- Mailing checks or money orders, except for items in categories specifically permitted.
- Bank-to-bank transfers, except for items in categories specifically permitted.
- "Topping off" a seller's prepaid credit or debit card.
- Online or other payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy.
- Offering a payment method to some buyers and not to others.
- Discouraging buyers from using any payment method the seller specified in the listing.
- Asking buyers to pay using a method not mentioned in the listing.
10 reasons to use PayPal
- The preferred way to pay for the majority of buyers.
- Fully integrated into eBay.
- Includes online tools to help you track payments and ship your items.
- You can accept debit and credit cards without the hassle and cost of a merchant account.
- Offers competitive rates.
- Has a micropayment rate for sellers who process payments under $10.
- Enjoy PayPal Seller Protection, which covers unauthorized payment, item-not-received claims, chargebacks.
- Provides 24/7 transaction screening, helping to prevent fraud.
- A full suite of tools to help you resolve disputes and problems before they happen.
- Accepts payments from around the world without the hassle of exchanging currencies.