eBay international standard delivery Terms and Conditions
Please read these eBay international standard delivery Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully before you submit your order. These Terms together with the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Notice and in particular, the International Selling Policy, will apply to your use of and access to Services provided by us. All policies, including the Privacy Notice are incorporated into these Terms. By proceeding with or continuing access to our Services and/or placing an order with us, you agree to be bound by these Terms. In the event that any terms in this document conflict with those in the User Agreement, these Terms prevail.
In these terms and conditions, we use the following defined terms:
“Affiliate(s)” means any entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a Party, where “control” means possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies and operations of such entity, whether through ownership of voting securities, by contract, or otherwise.
“Carrier” means our subcontractors or service providers who will facilitate the various and different kinds of Services;
“Consumer” means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside an individual’s trade, business, craft or profession;
“eBay” means eBay Inc. or its Affiliates;
“eBay site” means ebay.com;
“Order” means an order for the purchase and printing of a label made by you through the eBay site;
“Parcel” means the item(s) to be transported from a valid address where the Services are available in the US to the delivery address as requested by you in an order;
“Services” means our delivery services provided to you via the eBay site including the printing of a Parcel label, inspecting the Parcel and completing customs forms where appropriate;
“We” or “Us” or “Our” means eBay Inc. or its Affiliates.
Our contract with you
When you submit and confirm your order by selecting eBay international standard delivery as your shipping provider for your Parcel through the label printing flow on the eBay site, you commit to payment of all charges (including additional charges) for the Services which will be payable once the relevant label is scanned by a Carrier. We will carry out the Services for you in return for the payment by you to us of the charges (including additional charges). By submitting and/or confirming an order, you authorize us to arrange for a Carrier to perform all or part of your order subject to these Terms. You must be 18 years old or over to use our Services.
When you place an order, you agree:
- To ensure that the information you supply in your order is complete and accurate;
- Your item will be shipped form an address or location in the United States;
- To co-operate with us in all matters relating to our provision of the Services;
- To provide us with the information and materials we may reasonably require in order to supply the Services and ensure that such information is accurate; and
- To warrant that you will only ship items that are acceptable for shipment and conform with laws applicable to any transportation medium and will not ship any Prohibited Item or anything that is illegal or unlawful, including anything that does not comply with US export law or any recipient country’s or transit country’s Import laws or regulations and that you will not ship any Parcel containing items that are non-compliant with our service provider’s terms of service or appear on any a carriers list of Prohibited Items (USPS, Easyship, DHL, Asendia); and
- That you are agreeing to comply with the terms of our Carriers including, USPS, Easyship, DHL, Asendia, Aramex (www.aramex.com/shipping-terms/domestic, www.aramex.com/shipping-terms/express), SF Express, Landmark (landmarkglobal.com/terms-and-conditions/#customs, www.bpost.be/sites/default/files/pagina/2018_GTC_Parcels.pdf), SEKO Omnichanel, and Skypostal; and
- That you agree to allow us to provide address information electronically to the carriers and vendors that facilitate the services and to the relevant tax and customs authorities where required.
- You warrant that all shipments are acceptable for transportation and may be lawfully carried aboard any truck, vessel or airline, including passenger airlines, or other federally regulated carrier; that shipments do not contain articles classified as hazardous, dangerous (unless specifically identified in writing prior to shipping, or which are prohibited or restricted by any applicable United States or foreign statutes or regulations including but not limited to those of the DOT (Department of Transportation), the TSA (Transportation Security Administration), US Customs, IATA (International Air Transport Association); and
- You agree to the Asendia Excluded Goods and Dangerous Goods Policy provided in Appendix A, below.
Once you confirm an order (by clicking the relevant “Confirm and Pay” button on the eBay site), you will receive a delivery label through your eBay account. You agree to be responsible for ensuring that the label:
- information is correct;
- is printed in a visible format; and
- is securely attached to the Parcel.
We will not be liable for any late, missed or failed delivery of the Parcel caused by your failure to provide correct or accurate information or a firmly secured, or clear and unambiguous label.
Charges for labels will be as set out in your order. Additional charges may apply in certain circumstances. You are committed to payment of the charges (including additional charges) once you confirm your order although charges will only become payable on scanning of your label. Each time you use a label, the charge will be added to your monthly eBay invoice. Labels will become active once they are scanned by the Carrier and you will become liable for the charges (and additional charges, if any).
Each label is valid for use for 7 days from the time of your order. You should ship within that time. If your label expires, you will need to place a new order on eBay to use our Services.
You may be liable for additional charges in certain circumstances when using our Services. Please see additional charges below.
Your Parcel must comply with the size and weight limits which are shown when you select a delivery option at the time you place your order. A failure to comply with these limits may result in delays, postponement or cancellation of the Services. You may also be liable for additional charges.
- Nothing greater than 44 lbs. for every country except CA (CA max is 66 lbs.)- billable weight (not actual).
- Packages exceeding 84 inches in Length + Girth are NOT permitted
- Packages must meet or exceed 7.25 inches in width and 10.25 inches in length
It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient packaging is used for Parcels.
Parcels that are inappropriately packaged
We may not accept items for delivery which in the reasonable opinion of our Carriers are inappropriately packaged. Carriers may, in their sole discretion, decide to repack your Parcel to comply with certain requirements for which you may incur additional charges to cover the price of repackaging. Please note that Carriers are under no obligation to secure the safety of your package nor to carry out any repackaging. By using our Services you acknowledge in these circumstances that additional charges may be levied (see paragraph 9) or that your Parcel may be rejected. We shall not be liable or responsible for any damage caused to Parcels that are inappropriately packaged or are repackaged by Carriers as a result of their being inappropriately packaged.
If we consider that the Parcel has become unsafe and cannot be delivered because it is, or in our reasonable opinion is, likely to be hazardous or harmful, we reserve the right to dispose of the Parcel immediately without advising you of this first.
Certain items are prohibited and cannot be sent by our Services. Please check your item against the Prohibited Items lists. We reserve the right to deal with any Prohibited Items at our sole discretion without being liable in any way to you or the recipient of the Parcel containing the Prohibited Item. We have the right to dispose of any Prohibited Items, in whole or in part, as we decide and reserve the right to charge you for any costs incurred in doing so. You agree that you will indemnify us against any losses and/or damage that we may suffer as a consequence.
Consent to Open and Inspect Parcels
You consent to the opening and inspection of your Parcel for reasons not limited to the following:
- Item appears to be damaged;
- Random sampling;
- Description needing further investigation; or
- K9 inspection
Once your label has been purchased, we will send you a link to track your delivery. If you do not receive this link, please contact Customer Services.
You consent to the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information, as well as listing and order information, by eBay to our service providers and other third parties (such as customs and revenue authorities, as well as other government agencies), in connection with the processing, export and customs clearance, and international transportation of any item.
No evidence as to acceptance of Parcels
If we do accept your Parcel for delivery, this is not evidence of the condition or correctness of the nature, quantity or weight of Parcel nor is it evidence that it is a Parcel that is compliant with these Terms.
You agree to pay us the charges for the Services together with any additional charges as may be payable in respect of the Services under these Terms. All amounts due to us will be paid in full without any deduction, set off or withholding, irrespective of the absence of or discrepancy on any acknowledgment receipt. The charges for the Services will be set out on eBay at the time we confirm your order and we will send you a monthly invoice for these charges (as well as any applicable additional charges). Our charges, as well as additional charges, will change from time to time as set out on eBay.com, but these price changes will not affect orders that we have confirmed with you or that you have completed.
You may be liable to pay us for additional costs We incur as a result your failure to comply with these Terms. These will vary depending on the circumstances. For example, failed deliveries might incur costs for Parcel return, storage or destruction. You may also incur additional charges if you fail to correctly package an item or provide incorrect weights and dimensions of your Parcel.
Failure to comply with your obligations
If our performance of our obligations is prevented or delayed by your failure to comply with your obligations under these Terms:
We will (without limiting our other rights or remedies) have the right to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy your failure to comply and, and we shall have the right to rely on your breach of these Terms if it prevents or delays our performance of any of our obligations. We will not be liable for any costs or losses that you may suffer that arise directly indirectly from our failure or delay to perform any of our obligations; and you will reimburse us on written demand for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by us arising directly or indirectly from failure to comply with your obligations.
You’re Covered for Shipping Loss and Damage
For packages shipped before 5/10/2021, you’re protected under this Shipping Protection Plan (“SPP”) in amount not to exceed the lesser of (i) the total sale price of those products or items contained in any individual shipment or (ii) one hundred dollars ($100.00 USD). For packages shipped on or after 5/10/2021, you’re protected under this Shipping Protection Plan (“SPP”) in amount not to exceed the lesser of (i) the total sale price of those products or items contained in any individual shipment plus the originally quoted cost of the shipping label on ebay.com, or (ii) one hundred dollars ($100.00 USD). This SPP is limited and only provides you protection for damage and/or loss arising in connection with the shipment of your products or items and reflects the full extent of any financial liability or obligation owed to you in connection with any claims for damage and/or loss arising under these Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. Except for the limited obligation expressly set forth immediately above, you agree to hold us harmless from any and all liability in connection with any claim(s) arising under these Terms.
The protection offered under the SPP is administered by Parcel Insurance Plan, an independent company and is not affiliated with eBay and additional terms and conditions apply which can be found below. Importantly, the SPP is not an insurance policy, warranty or any type of guaranty.
The sale or shipment containing any product or item on the Prohibited Items Lists (as discussed above) and/or any product or item considered unlawful or illegal for any reason, including under the recipient county’s import law or under the US export law, is strictly prohibited and is not covered by and is ineligible for any protection under the SPP. In addition, those products or items reflected below are not eligible for protection under the SPP and accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that we have no liability whatsoever in connection with any claim for damage or loss arising in connection with such items or product.
You agree that we retain the right to suspend or cancel this protection or the SPP at any time in whole or in part and without notice, if we reasonably suspect you have abused or are otherwise non-compliant with any of these Terms and/or any of our policies.
Shipping Protection Plan Terms of Coverage
- SPP is provided for your package (defined as a single shipping unit bearing a single Carrier identification number) and its contents against damage or loss from any external cause while in the care, custody or control of the company or organization (“Carrier”) you select on the www.ebay.com website to deliver a Package to an eBay purchaser. Coverage applies only during transit from your premises to the shipping destination, EXCEPT as hereinafter excluded. For packages shipped before 5/10/2021, coverage is limited to the actual cash value, cost to repair or replace, or $100.00 USD, whichever is less. For packages shipped on or after 5/10/2021, coverage is limited to the actual cash value plus the originally quoted cost of the shipping label on ebay.com, cost to repair or replace, or $100.00 USD, whichever is less. Your coverage becomes effective when you ship the package.
II. SPP IS EXCLUDED FOR:
- Plasma televisions or monitors, loose diamonds or stones, stocks, bonds, deeds, evidences of debt, travelers’ checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, admission tickets, or any other negotiable documents.
- Loss from delay, deterioration, spoilage or contamination of perishable merchandise except when resulting from fire.
- Loss, damage or non-arrival of any Package which:
- Is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to Carrier’s packaging requirements; or
- Bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents
- Loss or damage arising out of dishonesty on the part of you or your employees
- Loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
- Hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack by:
- Any government or sovereign power (de jure or de facto);
- Any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces;
- Military, naval or air forces; or
- An agent of any such government power, authority or forces;
- Hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack by:
- Any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war;
- Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence;
- Seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations;
- Confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation or trade; or
- Nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, however caused. But if nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, results in fire, we will pay for the loss or damage caused by that fire.
- If a part of a pair or set is lost or damaged, SPP will only pay you a reasonable and fair portion of the total value of the pair or set and NOT the total value.
- Protection is void if you have intentionally concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstance relating to this claim.
- Whenever protection would be in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions, such protection is null and void.
- CLAIM PROCEDURE
- You will electronically file claims with PIP via the link provided through the www.ebay.com website within 90 days of the date the shipping label is created.
- Claims for LOST shipments may not be submitted earlier than 30 days after the shipping label is created.
- All damaged property for which payment (not repair costs) or replacement has been requested or made must on request be returned to PIP.
- An approved claim will be paid to your PayPal account within 7 business days of PIP’s receipt of all required claim documentation and requested damaged goods.
- Upon payment or replacement for loss or damage, your rights to recover from the Carrier are transferred to PIP. You will assist us in every reasonable manner to secure recovery.
- If you have questions concerning a pending claim, please contact PIP at 800-325-7390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. INFORMATION SHARING
Any personal information you provide in connection with any claims filed in connection with Parcel Insurance Plan may also be shared with other persons or companies involved in the management or service of the Parcel Insurance Plan, related claims, or both. Specifically, such personal information may be shared with unaffiliated third parties, including agents, brokers, insurance companies, reinsurers, regulators, administrators and service providers and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Note that such sharing of data may be outside the jurisdiction in which the data was obtained.
Claims Process - How and when to file a claim
If you desire to file a claim for loss or damage in connection with any shipment, you agree that such claim must be filed within 90 days after the date that you printed your shipping label. To file a claim, you may do so here. Your claim will be reviewed and processed by Parcel Insurance Plan (“PIP”) and in connection with these Services, you agree to abide by the additional terms and conditions provided by PIP which can be located above.
After you file a claim, PIP will review your claim and will respond back to you within 7 business days and you may be required to substantiate your claim by providing any information reasonably required to evaluate your claim. In addition, we may also review your claim and work with PIP to determine whether you have suffered damage or loss, if your damage or loss qualifies for protection under the SPP and any amount that may be payable you. To the extent any amount is owed to you, it shall be paid and deposited into your PayPal account by PIP. If you are a Managed Seller, you may be required to open a PayPal account to receive payment. See additional details below.
To the extent you are unsatisfied with the resolution of your claim, you may appeal the decision. To appeal the resolution of your claim or for questions regarding your claim, please contact PIP at 800-325-7390 or email@example.com.
No Representation, Warranty
Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representations or warranties in relation to the Services.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms and/or an order that is caused by an event outside our control. An event outside our control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (Whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, theft, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks, suspension of any third party site, or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
If an event outside our control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under these Terms and/or an order:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you;
- Our obligations under the contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside our control. We will arrange a new collection or delivery date with you after the event outside our control is over; and
- You may file a claim.
Termination or Changes in the Services
We may, in our sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Services or alter the Services or Terms without notice.
Appendix A Excluded Goods, Dangerous Goods Policy
I. EXCLUDED GOODS
Consignment is excluded from carriage and neither eBay nor the carrier will assume responsibility or liability if the Consignment:
- contains articles, goods, material, liquids or documents that are banned by national or international legislation, conventions, provisions or regulations in the country of origin of the Consignment, in the country of destination of the Consignment and/or in any third country through which the Consignment will be carried;
- contains articles, goods, material, liquids or documents that are banned by the instructions, regulations, agreements and conventions relating to Dangerous Goods as referred to under section II;
- contains goods which may inflict bodily harm while in transit, infect persons or cause damage to property while in transit;
- contains prohibited items, such as counterfeiting items or piracy items, illegal narcotics/drugs or psychotropic substances, falsified and other illegal medical products, fraudulent or deceitful Mail and/or illegal lotteries;
- contains perishable biological substances, animals, illegal pornography, firearms or parts thereof, ammunition, explosives, weapons, weapons accessories, imitation of weapons, firearms or ammunition, human remains and/or medical waste.
You agree that the either eBay or the carrier shall have full discretion to dispose of the excluded Consignment in whichever manner it considers appropriate (including the destruction of the excluded Consignment). In such cases, you agree to reimburse eBay without delay for the costs of removing the excluded Consignment from transportation/delivery, destroying it or returning it.
You acknowledge that, unless it has been agreed in writing with the carrier at the latest upon handover of the Consignment, Client may not enclose any valuable articles such as precious stones, precious metals, watches, jewelry, valuable accessories and spare parts, clocks, pearls, gemstones, jewels, money, banknotes, coins, stamps, readily realizable securities, bonds, mortgage notes, coupons, crossed and uncrossed cheques, cancelled and uncancelled cheques, traveler’s cheques, saving books, bills of lading, passports, tenders, share and option certificates, telephone cards, lottery tickets, goods made of glass, porcelain or other fragile materials, works of art or antiques with the Consignment handed over to the carrier for transportation and delivery. If you do hand over such goods for transportation and delivery, you do so entirely at your own risk. Asendia shall never be liable for lost, damaged or delayed Consignment that contains valuable goods.
II. DANGEROUS GOODS
Asendia USA is providing this Dangerous Goods Policy to inform customers of the process and penalties involved for shipments containing undeclared dangerous goods. Sending shipments containing undeclared dangerous goods is a serious violation of hazardous materials regulations.
Non-compliance with these regulations is a criminal offense that has the potential for both monetary fines and/or imprisonment. In addition to the risk associated with shipping packages that have the potential to cause health and physical harm or death on board an aircraft, the fines for violations of these regulations range from thousands of dollars per day, up to $500,000 if a person ships a “dangerous good” consciously.
There are several agencies that could levy fines against companies sending shipments containing undeclared dangerous goods, including the International Air Transportation Association (IATA), United States Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Research and Special Projects Administration (RSPA), and the United States Coast Guard.
Examples of some of the possible fines include:
The transportation regulations for US domestic movement; regulations issued by FMCSA are published in the Federal Register and compiled in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR); Title 49 of the CFR identifies the requirements for shipping hazardous materials. Section 171.1 of 49 CFR outlines the applicability of Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) to persons and functions. Reference number 171.1(g) identifies the potential fines related to violations of the regulations, see below:
- (g) Penalties for noncompliance. Each person who knowingly violates a requirement of the Federal hazardous material transportation law, an order issued under Federal hazardous material transportation law, subchapter A of this chapter, or a special permit or approval issued under subchapter A or C of this chapter is liable for a civil penalty of not more than $81,993 for each violation, except the maximum civil penalty is $191,316 if the violation results in death, serious illness, or severe injury to any person or substantial destruction of property. There is no minimum civil penalty, except for a minimum civil penalty of $493 for a violation relating to training.
The FAA imposes fines for the shipment of undeclared dangerous goods in the amount of $5,000 per piece for items classified under the “Consumer Commodity” category, and upwards of $30,000 per piece for other materials.
You agree with the Asendia Dangerous Goods policy in Sections 7 and 8 of the Asendia General Terms & Conditions (GTC) at https://www.asendiausa.com/general-terms-conditions/ which apply to all Asendia USA customers.
Any undeclared dangerous goods shipments from your company that are introduced into the Asendia USA network will be immediately reported to the regulatory authorities. There will not be any reimbursement of shipping charges related to such shipments.
Last updated: May 25, 2021