Price Match Guarantee
Did you find an eBay Deal at a better price somewhere else? It happens. Luckily, we’ll gladly match the competition. That happens, too.
What qualifies for a price match?
Found at Competitors
To be eligible, the item should be available on Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Walmart.com, HomeDepot.com, Target.com, Sears.com, Wayfair.com, or Jet.com.
Identical and Available
Both items (eBay’s and the competitor’s) should be exactly the same and currently in stock.
Found it for less? Here’s what you do:
- 1Before you buy it, contact eBay Customer Service to request a price match.
- 2Let Customer Service know where you found the lower price. We’ll verify the price match on the spot.
- 3Once it’s verified, you’ll get an immediate eBay coupon for the difference. Happy shopping!
Which competitors does the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee apply to?
Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Walmart.com, HomeDepot.com, Target.com, Sears.com, Wayfair.com, Jet.com (“Competitor”), but excluding any third party marketplaces including those associated with the stores listed above. This list is subject to change by eBay.
Are taxes and shipping included in the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee?
No. We compare the item’s purchase price (excluding taxes and shipping fees) on eBay.com and the Competitor’s website in order to determine if a price match guarantee is warranted.
How do I receive a reimbursement or find out more about the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee policy?
Please contact eBay Customer Service here.
How does eBay reimburse me if a lower-priced, identical item is found on a qualifying competitor’s website?
eBay will issue a coupon for the qualifying purchase if eBay’s customer service agent can confirm the difference in prices. Upon confirmation, they will issue a coupon which must be used towards the purchase of the price match listing. Coupons will expire within 24 hours and will not be reissued upon expiration. eBay reserves the right to cancel them in the event that a price match purchase is cancelled or returned. eBay also reserves the right to deny claims in the event of buyer abuse/fraud and seller abuse/fraud.
Do I need to be a registered eBay member paying with PayPal to receive the price match reimbursement?
Which items qualify for the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee?
New, unopened items in retail packaging in the eBay Deals inventory. If a listing is found through the eBay Deals specific search module, then that product is part of the eBay Deals program. “New”, “New with Tags”, “New in Box” and “Brand New” items qualify. All other item conditions such as refurbished and ‘new other’ items are not eligible. Please refer to item condition information on ebay.com for more details: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-condition.html
Is this for US resident buyers only?
Yes. Buyers can participate in the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee if they are a resident of the U.S. (even if the purchase was initiated outside of the U.S.), as long as the item is purchased on ebay.com and it is shipped to one of the fifty United States.
What happens if an item is returned?
In the event an item is returned, the buyer will be refunded the listing price minus the coupon value and any other discounts applied at time of transaction.
Terms & Conditions
Our goal is to make sure you think of eBay first when you shop. The eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee helps you get the best price for a new item that is advertised for less on a qualifying online Competitor’s website. See below for more details.
Prices are matched under the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee when:
- The request is from a registered eBay buyer, who is a U.S. resident, is signed into their eBay.com account, and the purchase will be shipped to one of the fifty United States;
- The eBay buyer requests a price match of a specific item listed on eBay Deals at the time of purchase and before the purchase is completed (but not post-purchase);
- Both items on eBay and a qualifying Competitor’s website are verified as new condition, identical by a universal product identifier (UPC or brand + manufacturer part number), available and in-stock on both websites by an eBay customer service agent at the time the price-check is conducted by the agent;
- The item is advertised at a price less than the eBay Deals item;
- The price difference does not exceed the lesser of $500 or 50% of the item’s advertised price found on a Competitor’s website; and
- Only one unit per eBay buyer per day is matched.
- Refurbished, used, non-retail packaged products.
- Competitor prices after applicable rebates, free offers, coupons or specific one-time-only promotions from a Competitor’s website, specific offers based on bundled pricing, volume or lot discounts are applied.
- eBay items that are eligible for other eBay coupon promotions or offers are not eligible for an eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee. The eBay coupon applied to an eligible price match cannot be used in conjunction with any other eBay coupon, nor can it be redeemed for cash.
- Purchases during the weeks of Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday.
- An error or misprint on a Competitor’s website.
- Products in the following product categories: gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be “bullion” (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots), real estate, motors (except for parts and accessories).
This Price Match Guarantee policy is subject to change without notice. eBay reserves the right to refuse a Price Match Guarantee request in order to prevent fraud/abuse and ensure the integrity of the eBay website. The claim quantity limit of one matched item per day per user shall be strictly enforced, and any effort or collusion by any buyer or seller to circumvent these terms and conditions, commit fraud or abuse the price match guarantee program shall be strictly enforced. All other eBay terms and conditions and policies apply. Effective as of June 21, 2017.