eBay International Shipping
Seller Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: March 24, 2023
The eBay International Shipping program (“EIS” or “Program”) makes certain items (“EIS Item(s)”) that you list for sale on eBay.com available to buyers outside of the United States (“Buyers”). EIS enables Buyers to obtain parcel processing, international shipping costs, and customs clearance services (the “Services”) at checkout. It is facilitated by eBay through third party service providers including technology providers, hub operations facilities and carriers that eBay has contracted with to operationalize the Services.
By purchasing an EIS Item from you, your Buyer will be entering into a binding contract with you for the purchase of the EIS Item, as well as an agreement with eBay for the provision of the Services. You acknowledge and agree that these eBay International Shipping program Seller Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you as well as any EIS Items that Buyers purchase from you through the Program. These Terms will apply to all of your eligible new listings and existing listings.
- Applicability of eBay User Agreement. The eBay.com User Agreement, eBay’s User Privacy Notice and all policies posted on our sites, including the International Selling Policy (collectively, and as the same may be amended from time to time, “eBay’s Policies”) apply in addition to these Terms. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and eBay’s Policies, these Terms will control as to all matters that they explicitly address. For all matters not explicitly addressed by these Terms, eBay’s Policies will control.
Your Relationship with eBay for the Services.
Services. You authorize eBay to provide the following Services in connection with your sale of EIS Items to Buyers:
- Eligibility: eBay will determine which items are eligible for export and where the item will be eligible for import. eBay will also determine which sellers are eligible for the program.
- Parcel processing service: when your Buyer has paid you for the EIS Item, you will ship the EIS Item to a parcel processing facility located in the United States (“US Shipping Hub”), which is managed by EasyShip Inc. EasyShip will oversee the processing of the EIS Item at the US Shipping Hub in preparation for international shipping to your Buyer. eBay may open and inspect it without notice and may repackage improperly packaged EIS items.
- International shipping and tracking service: eBay will arrange for the international shipping of the EIS Item from the US Shipping Hub to the Buyer’s delivery address provided by the Buyer (or to a collection center near your Buyer designated by the postal carrier).
- Customs service for shipments: For export control purposes, as the Seller, you are the U.S. Principal party in Interest (USPPI). eBay will be designated as the exporter of EIS Items and will manage the export on your behalf and import clearance of EIS Items on behalf of the Buyer. eBay has been authorized by the Foreign Principal Party in Interest (your buyer or the recipient of the goods) to: (a) deal with customs business with all relevant customs and revenue authorities on your behalf, (b) remit your Buyer’s payment of import charges to applicable authorities, (c) make export classifications and export filings, (d) make all declarations (including declarations of value) and filings in connection with the export of the EIS Item from the US and the import of the EIS Item into the country into which it is being imported, (e) select and amend product and service codes and Harmonized System Codes or such commodity classification codes as shall be applicable, (f) determine export classification codes, (g) manage any disputes with such authorities and (g) do any other act that may be necessary in connection with the exportation or importation of a EIS Item. eBay will be responsible for preparing and sending any documents or records to be filed for the sale and export of EIS Items and you will be responsible for providing full and accurate information to enable eBay and its service providers to perform the Services.
- The authorities, authorizations and approval granted by you in this Section 2 shall also apply if eBay exercise their right under Section 9 to return the EIS Item to you provided that eBay shall be under any obligation to claim a refund of any excise duty paid on your behalf or on behalf of your Buyer.
- Services. You authorize eBay to provide the following Services in connection with your sale of EIS Items to Buyers:
- Item Eligibility Not all listings on eBay.com are eligible for the Program. eBay may alter or amend the eligibility requirements for EIS Items without notice. You agree not to sell any ineligible items through the Program. More information about ineligible items may be found here. You agree that eBay shall have the right to decide if the EIS Item is eligible for the Program. You agree that in respect of any items found to be ineligible, eBay may (at its discretion) dispose of or liquidate EIS Items in any manner that they prefer, including without limitation, (a) returning the item to you at your costs, (b) handing over the item to the authorities, (c) liquidating the item or (d) destroying the item without notice.
Country Eligibility The Program is not available for shipments to all countries. The delivery address specified by your Buyer must be in a country eligible for the Program. eBay reserves the right to expand or limit the countries eligible for the Program at any time, without notice. (i) all EIS Items will automatically be made available to Buyers in the additional countries and (ii) your existing, live listings that offer EIS Items will be automatically updated to permit sales to Buyers in the additional countries. The countries currently eligible for the Program may be found here.
If eBay determines that one or more of your listings is eligible for sale to certain countries, but not to certain other countries, you authorize eBay to exclude the listing from being available to Buyers in just those ineligible countries.
- Member Eligibility and Participation Limits You must be U.S. domiciled and your items must be shipping from within the U.S. eBay may also require that you meet certain minimum performance standards before making your listings available to Buyers through the Program.
Program Rules. You will comply with the following rules for any EIS Items that you sell through the Program:
- Upon eBay’s notice that the Buyer has paid for an item, you will promptly ship the EIS Item(s) to the US Shipping Hub address provided to you in accordance with your listing;
You will package all EIS Items appropriately, and in accordance with correct weight and dimensions limits.
- Nothing greater than 44 lbs. for every country except CA where maximum allowable billable weight is 66 lbs.
- Packages exceeding 42 inches in Length or 79 inches in Girth are NOT permitted
- Packages must meet or exceed 7.25 inches in width and 10.25 inches in length
- You are required to properly prepare, package and ship allowable dangerous goods according to the relevant regulations including but not limited to the 49 CFR Parts 100-185 and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
You are required to include an order packing slip in the package;
- Lithium battery devices must be secured in rigid packaging to prevent movement and accidental activation. Rigid packaging includes boxes, hard shell plastic, and the original manufacturer packaging. Poly mailers, shrink wrap, and other types of non-rigid packaging are prohibited.
- You will accurately specify, whenever possible the item’s country of manufacture in your listing; and
- You will ship all EIS Items contained in a single order to the US Shipping Hub in one package;
- You will not combine multiple orders (either belonging to the same Buyer or different Buyers) in a single package.
- You will opt out of the Program for ineligible items or items that for other reasons you do not wish to ship or are obligated not to sell outside the US or to specific regions outside the US. You warrant that any limitation or restriction of countries or regions to which you authorize export of your product(s) is in no way related to your participation in an unlawful boycott prohibited by U.S. or other applicable laws.
Compliance with Applicable Laws.
You agree not to sell or export any EIS Items through the Program in violation of any applicable laws or regulations of the countries eligible for the Program. By not opting an EIS Item out of the Program, you are representing and warranting that your sale, transfer, export or import of the EIS Item does not violate any applicable laws or regulations of any eligible country and that you as a seller have taken all necessary steps to ensure you are in the position to export items outside of the United States including where applicable, obtaining an EORI number (Economic Operators Registration and Identification number) for export including to the European Union. You are responsible for ensuring that your sale and exportation of the EIS Items complies with all laws, regulations and requirements of the country from which it is being exported and in which it is being sold. You will provide to eBay all necessary information required by it regarding the EIS Items sold. You hereby represent and warrant that EIS Items posted do not require an export license to the ultimate destination country.
You agree to comply with all applicable export control laws, statutes, and regulations in your performance of this agreement, including but not limited to the requirements of the Arms Export Control Act, 22 U.S.C.2751-2794, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. 120 et seq., the Export Administration Regulations, 15 C.F.R. 730-774, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) regulations, Chapter V to 31 C.F.R., et seq.. This includes but is not limited to you refraining from sourcing any items from: (i) any origin subject to a comprehensive embargo by the U.S. Department of State or Treasury including for purposes of this agreement Iran, Syria, Cuba, and North Korea as well as the Crimea, the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (“DNR”) and the Luhansk People’s Republic (“LNR”) regions of Ukraine (including Sevastopol); (ii) any person or entity located in, or entity owned by an entity located in, any destination subject to a comprehensive embargo; or, (iii) any person or entity listed on the list of “Specifically Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons” maintained by the U.S. Department of Treasury or any other applicable prohibited party list of the U.S. Government. This clause will apply regardless of the legality of such a transaction under local law.
- Risk of Loss. The passing of risk of loss or damage to an EIS Item shall remain with you until the EIS Item is accepted at the US Shipping Hub or has been returned to you from the US Shipping Hub. Subject to any statutory rights your Buyer may have, the risk of loss or damage to an EIS Item shall transfer to your Buyer when the EIS Item leaves the US Shipping Hub for export.
- Transfer of Title.Title to an EIS Item remains with you until such time that the EIS Item is successfully delivered to your Buyer or their consignee, at which time title to the EIS Item shall transfer to your Buyer or their consignee. At no time does eBay (or its affiliates) or the third party service providers, or other subcontractors under contract with eBay or its third party service providers’ subcontractors take title to an EIS Item.
- Payment Reversals. If eBay or eBay’s third party service providers determine, after your Buyer has purchased an EIS Item, that the EIS Item is ineligible for the Program or cannot be sent to your Buyer (for whatever reason), eBay and its affiliates shall have the right to cancel your sale of the EIS Item in lieu of proceeding with the processing and/or shipment of the EIS Item and, upon exercising this right, shall have the right to reverse the payment that your Buyer made to you for the EIS Item and will process the EIS Item as an undeliverable item and may elect to return the EIS Item to you as described below. If the item is undeliverable and cannot be shipped back to you for whatever reason, eBay reserves the right to liquidate or destroy the item. In those instances, the payment will not be reversed.
- Lost, Damaged, or Undeliverable Items.
eBay Money Back Guarantee. EIS Items purchased by your Buyer (and sent to your Buyer’s specified delivery address or a collection center near your Buyer designated by the shipping carrier) may be covered by an eBay Money Back Guarantee in countries without eBay Money Back Guarantee.
In general, you will be responsible (under the eBay Money Back Guarantee) for the loss of, or damage to, an EIS Item until it is accepted at the US Shipping Hub or if the item has been returned to you from the US Shipping Hub. For example, you will be held responsible for eBay Money Back Guarantee cases or other disputes (whether or not an EIS Item can be repackaged or returned to you) where eBay finds that:
- The EIS Item that you sold was not received at the US Shipping Hub.
- The EIS Item that you sold was noted as damaged by the domestic carrier when received at the US Shipping Hub.
- The EIS Item that you sold was found to be damaged upon opening after receipt thereof at the US Shipping Hub.
- A Parcel contains the wrong or no EIS Item associated with the Buyer’s order, or where the EIS item is deemed counterfeit.
One or more of the following pieces of information provided by you is incorrect or indeterminable (and it is not practicable for eBay or its service providers to correct):
- Country of Manufacture
- Item Category
- Item condition
- Weight of Parcel
- Dimensions of Parcel
- A Parcel is oversized and/or overweight and cannot be sent through an upgraded service.
- The EIS Item that you sold requires destruction (e.g., contraband).
- The EIS Item is restricted or prohibited for export.
You will not be responsible under the eBay Money Back for the loss of, or damage to, an EIS Item after its acceptance at the US Shipping Hub. However, if eBay finds in the Buyer’s favor in an eBay Money Back Guarantee case relating to an EIS Item, you may be responsible for the amount that has been paid to you by your Buyer.
eBay shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate EIS Items that eBay or its third party service providers conclude are undeliverable, for whatever reason.
If eBay or its third party service providers concludes that an EIS Item is undeliverable and elects to dispose of it or sell it, title to the EIS Item shall transfer automatically from you to a third party that eBay may designate and you will keep your Buyer’s payment.
Alternatively, eBay or its third party service providers may elect to return to you at any US address that you have on file with eBay any EIS Item that eBay or its third party service providers concludes is undeliverable and require reversal of the payment that your Buyer made to you. If an item is returned to you, you may be responsible for a return shipping fee.
You acknowledge that eBay’s or its third party service providers’ election to dispose of or sell the EIS Item and to allow you to retain your Buyer’s payment for the EIS Item is sufficient consideration for the transfer of title to any third party that eBay may designate.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, eBay may choose not to display the returns policy field of your listings to Buyers. eBay may choose to manage any international returns on your behalf. For the avoidance of doubt, if a buyer chooses to return an item that eBay approved for international shipping, eBay may in its sole discretion, choose to intermediate the return to you if your returns policy indicates that you accept returns and will reverse the sale. Alternatively, eBay may choose to liquidate the item rather than returning the item to you and you will keep the proceeds from the sale consistent with Section 7 of these Terms and Conditions.
- International Selling Options.
You may opt out of the Program at either an account or listing level by adjusting your account settings within My eBay, or the shipping options within the international postage section when listing your item. Your opt out may take up to 72 hours to process and will not apply to any existing listings restricted from revision (e.g. there are pending bids or a pending best offer).
Country Exclusion Lists.
If you have previously restricted international buyers from purchasing your items by creating and applying a postage exclusion list to your listings, your exclusion list will also apply to EIS Items unless you choose to override your exclusion list. If you do not currently have an exclusion list in place and wish to create one, you must update your account settings within My eBay. If you have any items listed on eBay.com that, for whatever reason, you suspect cannot lawfully post or import to a country eligible under the Program, then you should restrict international buyers in that country from purchasing your items by creating and applying an exclusion list within My eBay.
Disclaimers and Liability.
The Services are provided by eBay and its third party service providers. eBay expressly disclaim to the extent permitted by law all express, implied, and statutory representations, warranties, and conditions relating to the Program and/or Services, including, but not limited to, warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, usefulness, performance, accuracy, or quality of the Program and/or Services.
eBay will not be responsible for any disruptions or delays in the use of the Program and/or Services or in the performance or delivery of Services or any loss or injury associated with any such disruption or delay.
eBay shall not be responsible for damages of any kind arising from the misuse of personal information that eBay has disclosed to its third party service providers in connection with the Services provided to you.
eBay (including our subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, directors, officers, agents and employees) shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise for any business losses, such as loss of data, profits, revenue, business,
opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by them arising, directly or indirectly from:
- these Terms;
- your use of, misuse of, or reliance on the Program and/or the Services, or your inability to use the Program and/or the Services;
- the EIS Items sold under the Program;
- the availability of the Program and/or the Services;
- the interruption, suspension or termination of the Program and/or Services;
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if eBay (including our subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, directors, officers, agents and employees) is found to be liable pursuant to a claim arising out of the Program or Services, eBay's liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the amount of fees in dispute not to exceed the total fees which you paid to eBay in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (b) $100.
- Compensation. You will indemnify and hold harmless in full eBay (including our subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, directors, officers, agents and employees) against any third party claims or actions for losses, fines or other costs, including reasonable legal fees arising out of your use of the Program, the Services, the export or import of any EIS Items through the Program, or any violation of these Terms, eBay’s policies, any law or regulation, or the rights of any third party.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude eBay’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our or our third party service providers’ negligence or the negligence of our or our service providers’ agents or employees or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
Events Outside Our Control.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms and/or an order that is caused by an event outside our control. An event outside our control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (Whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, theft, a pandemic or failure of public or private telecommunications networks, suspension of any third party site, or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Other Terms
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser-franchisee relationship between you and eBay (except to the limited extent as set out in Section 3(a) above) are intended or created by these Terms.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are the entire agreement between you and eBay with respect to the Program. eBay's failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
- If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
We may at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you:
- amend, replace, suspend temporarily, and/or discontinue permanently, the Program, its name, any of the Services, features, and/or functionality offered under the Program, and/or the service providers used to provide the Services
- limit, prohibit, refuse, cancel, block, suspend and/or terminate your sale of EIS Items through the Program or charge you for return shipping and/or any International Shipping Fees associated with a return if we determine that you violated any of these Terms, our policies, or any applicable laws.
- These Terms may be amended at any time by email, or via the Messages section of My eBay or by posting the amended terms on eBay.com. All amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted.
- The following sections of these Terms will survive any termination: 2(a), 2(b), 11, and 12.