eBay is managing payments
Welcome to the simpler way to sell on eBay.
What does it mean when eBay manages payments?
Managing payments enhances the buying and selling experience on eBay providing sellers with one place to sell and buyers more ways to pay. We’ve managed billions in payments for thousands of sellers since 2018. eBay will require all sellers to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021.
- Simpler to sell: Checkout is more flexible, with new payment options for buyers
- Simpler fees: Fees are collected from your sales
- Simpler to manage: You’ll find everything you need to manage your business—reports, returns, claims and disputes—all in one place
When you receive a notification from us, we recommend you register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your account. This process consists of a few simple steps, and once you have registered we will send you further details about how to prepare your business and take full advantage of our simpler approach to payments.
If you’re notified that payouts will go to a Payoneer account
eBay will be partnering with Payoneer, a leader in global payments, to enable sellers in select countries to easily receive funds associated with their transactions on eBay. This partnership will allow sellers to manage all their transactions on eBay, providing a streamlined selling experience, while also providing flexibility in managing funds. If you have an existing Payoneer account you will be able to link it to your eBay account during registration for eBay to manage payments. If you don’t have a Payoneer account, you will be asked to create one during registration. Proceeds from eBay sales, regardless of the payment option used by the buyer, will be deposited directly to your Payoneer account in US dollars.
Additional information may be requested by Payoneer after your registration is complete. Learn more.
If you’re notified that your payouts will go to a bank account
During the registration process you can choose to add any bank account - whether existing or new. Please ensure that the name, address, and business information (if applicable) on your bank account matches the name and information on your eBay account.
eBay will work closely with sellers to ensure that the new payments experience reflects their needs as we continue to enable accounts to have payments processed by eBay.
Benefits for sellers
eBay managing payments simplifies the buying and selling experience on eBay by delivering multiple enhancements, such as:
- Choice: Buyers have new payment options: credit and debit cards; Apple Pay; Google Pay; and PayPal, as well as other locally accepted forms of payment depending on the listing site.
- Convenience: Access everything you need, all in one place: consolidated fees, customized reports, refunds, returns, and simplified protections. If you use third-party tools, there should be no change to how you use them.
- Streamlined operations: Payouts directly into your bank account or Payoneer account. Get unique order numbers for ease of reconciliation, and returns processing.
- Reporting: Updated reports available for download and export from Seller Hub, and data to reconcile transaction records with your Payoneer account or bank account, depending on where your payouts are sent.
- API integration: Those who integrate using eBay APIs can update their integrations to view payout information.
- Dedicated support: Get expert support during the sign-up process and whenever you need help.
Once you register, nothing will change until eBay activates your account. We will notify you of your activation date in advance, and will be sharing more information about the change, how it will benefit your business, and how to take full advantage of our new, simpler approach to payments.
As a reminder, eBay will require all sellers to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021.