EBAY MASTERCARD® REWARDS PROGRAM
Subject to the Terms set forth below, you are eligible to receive reward points ("Reward Points") on purchases made with the eBay Mastercard. By participating in the eBay Mastercard Rewards Program (the “Rewards Program”), you hereby agree to be bound by these Terms.
- Qualifying for Rewards. The Rewards Program is automatically available for your eBay Mastercard account (your "Account"), if it is open, in good standing and not past due at the time Reward Points are earned and statement credits are issued. Reward Points are earned by making purchases using your Account where the cards are accepted. Cash Advances, Quick Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, interest charges and fees do not qualify for Reward Points. A single purchase cannot earn Reward Points in more than one category (i.e., a grocery store purchase made at an eBay merchant that sells groceries does not earn both 2 Reward Points (for a grocery store purchase) and 3 Reward Points (or, in certain circumstances described below 5 Reward Points) for a purchase on eBay on the same transaction). Returns and adjustments made to your Account will result in a reduction/adjustment of your Reward Points balance.
- Earning Reward Points. For every dollar in net purchases (merchandise purchased minus returns and adjustments) charged to your Account, you will earn Reward Points in one of the following categories:
- eBay Purchases: 3 Reward Points on the first $1,000.00 of net purchases made on eBay that post to your Account in each calendar year, (January 1 – December 31) or 5 Reward Points on net purchases made on eBay that exceed $1,000.00 and post to your Account in each calendar year you are enrolled in the Rewards Program. At the beginning of each such calendar year, or if your net purchases exceed but then fall below $1,000.00 due to returns and adjustments made to your Account, the Reward Points that will be earned on eBay purchases is reset to 3 Reward Points until the $1,000.00 net purchase threshold is met in that calendar year. Purchases made on eBay from international merchants and purchases that are not made in US dollars will earn 1 Reward Point and will not count toward the $1,000.00 purchase threshold.
- Gas, Grocery Stores and Restaurant Purchases: 2 Reward Points on net purchases made at merchant locations that have merchant category codes selected by Synchrony Bank (“Bank”) that are customarily used for gas stations, grocery stores or restaurants (a “Qualifying Merchant Category Code”). A merchant category code is a four-digit classification code as defined by Mastercard International Incorporated that is assigned to a merchant by the merchant’s payment card network or merchant processor based on the predominant business activity of the merchant. The merchant’s classification code will determine if your purchase qualifies for the 2 Reward Points or 1 Reward Points level. A purchase made within the department or section of a larger merchant that is not a stand-alone gas station, grocery store or restaurant will not have a Qualifying Merchant Category Code. Neither Bank nor eBay assigns or has responsibility for the assignment of merchant category codes or evaluates whether a Qualifying Merchant Category Code should be assigned to a particular merchant. Bank reserves the right to determine which merchant category codes are Qualifying Merchant Category Codes.
- Other Purchases: 1 Reward Point on all other purchases made wherever the eBay Mastercard is accepted.
- Reward Points and Statement Credits: Eligibility and Conditions. The amount of Reward Points earned is calculated each day based on the total net purchases for that day for each transaction within each category referenced above, rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Reward Points will be credited to your Reward Point balance within two billing periods after the corresponding purchase is posted to your Account, and will expire in 24 months if a sufficient amount has not been earned to be issued a statement credit. Each time you earn 1500 Reward Points, you will be issued a statement credit in the amount of $10 and your Rewards Points balance will be reduced by 1500. Statement credits will be issued within two billing periods after your Reward Points balance reaches 1500.
- Loss of Reward Points and Statement Credits. You will forfeit all Reward Points and not be issued statement credits in the circumstances set forth below. Reward Points that are forfeited during the time of any delinquency or inactivity as described below will not be credited to your Account even if it returns to good standing or becomes active.
(i) If two or more consecutive minimum payments on your Account are not paid when due.
(ii) If your Account is closed for any reason (other than as a result of a lost or stolen card, in which case, all earned Reward Points and issued statement credits will be applied to the replacement card).
(iii) If you do not make a purchase using your Account in any 12 consecutive months.
- Other Conditions. You acknowledge that the Reward Points and any statement credits issued are purely promotional and are provided without the payment of any consideration or other thing of value. Unless and until you receive a statement credit in accordance with these Terms, no right, title, or interest in the Reward Points or a statement credit has been earned. We reserve the right to remove any person from the Rewards Program in the event of any fraud or abuse in connection with this Rewards Program. We reserve the right to change or terminate this Rewards Program at any time and in any manner without notice (including the right to expire or eliminate any earned Reward Points, adjust the number of Reward Points earned for each dollar in purchases charged to an Account or adjust the number of Reward Points required to receive a statement credit). No Reward Points or statement credit will be issued after termination of the Rewards Program.
(7/18) DC REWARDS HTML