Prohibited, questionable, and infringing items
As an eBay user, you're ultimately responsible for making sure that buying or selling your item(s) is legal in the eyes of the law.
Take these steps to find out if your item can be listed on eBay:
- First, review eBay's listing policies. These guidelines will help you list items properly and understand what's allowed on eBay.
- If you're still unsure about listing your particular item, look over the list below. These guidelines and policies are designed to help you trade safely on eBay.
- Prohibited means that these items may not be listed on eBay.
- Questionable means that items may be listed under certain conditions.
- Potentially infringing means that items may be in violation of certain copyrights, trademarks, or other rights. For your protection, some items here are not allowed ("prohibited"), regardless of their legality, because they almost always violate copyright or trademark laws.
Even if you offer to give away for "free" (rather than sell) a prohibited, questionable, or infringing item, this will not relieve you of potential liability. This applies to both seller and buyer.
This list is updated from time to time and is incorporated by reference into the User Agreement. Notice of updates to this list will be posted on the Announcement Board on the eBay Web site on the day of the change. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and do not pertain to any particular company's practices. When in doubt, check with law enforcement agencies, a lawyer, the law, or with a copyright, trademark, or other rights owner for clarification. eBay has also adopted certain policies regarding prohibited items, regardless of the legality of the item.
Why did eBay remove my listing?
If eBay removes your listing because it violates one of our stated policies, you deserve to be properly informed. Therefore, eBay will notify both the seller and bidders via email when a listing has been removed. For additional information, visit the Why did eBay remove my listing? page.
Reporting prohibited, questionable, or infringing items to eBay
- Related Help topics