- How does eBay Valet work?
Valet is a new and simple way to sell your things on eBay. Valets sell your items on your behalf, and you get up to 80% of the sale price .
To get your things to valets:
- Free mail-in
- Request a free postage-paid shipping label. It's emailed to you. Print it out
and use it with any box.
- What sells well?
- Electronics like cameras, smart phones, tablets and laptops
- Antiques & collectibles like early-issue comics, rare baseball cards, vintage toys
- Musical instruments like violins, trumpets, flutes, and clarinets
- New and like-new designer shoes and handbags: brands like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Michael Kors, Coach, Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Kate Spade, Nine West, and Ralph Lauren
- Sporting goods and accessories like golf clubs, baseball bats, tennis rackets
- High-end kitchen appliances like blenders and mixers by brands like KitchenAid, Vitamix, and Breville
See what valets don't accept.
- What about shipping costs?
With Valet, there are no shipping costs.
- Shipping your things to valets is free.
- If your item sells, the buyer pays to have the item shipped to them.
- If an item doesn't sell, it's returned to you for free.
- How do valets price items?
- Valets research items like yours on eBay, looking at items that sold within the last 90 days, and price items according to this research. Items are for sale for up to 4 weeks. If your item doesn't sell, valets reduce the price and relist it.
- Can I track the sale of my items?
- If your items are listed on eBay, you'll get a confirmation email with a link to the listings.
- What if I want to make a change to how one of my items is listed?
- Valets can't change a listing after the listing is published, but you can call the valets to cancel your listing and have your item returned to you.
- When do I get paid?
You're paid about 4 weeks after valets receive your items. All payments are through PayPal.
Here's how it works:
- Valets receive your things about 5 business days after you mail them in or drop them off.
- Valets list your items for sale within 2 business days.
- Your items are for sale for up to 4 weeks.
- After all your items have sold or been for sale for 4 weeks, you're paid within 4 business days.
- Unsold items are returned to you within 4 business days.
Valets make every effort to meet these timeframes, but some situations, like extreme weather or unexpected volume, may cause delays. If you have questions, call eBay Customer Service (1-855-USE-EBAY).
- Is there a fee?
Fees are deducted from the sale price of your items.
||Percent you earn / valet fee
|Less than $50
||60% / 40%
|$50 -- $200
||70% / 30%
|More than $200
||80% / 20%
- What happens if an item doesn't sell?
If your item doesn't sell, it's returned to you for free.
Looking for some best bets? See what sells well.
- What condition should my items be in?
- Your items must be in excellent, new or like-new condition and should work properly.
- What if I lose the shipping label?
- There's a limit to the number of labels you can request. If you haven't reached the limit, request another label.
- What happens if an item is damaged or lost?
If your item is lost before valets receive it, you'll need to file a claim with eBay Customer Service. Be sure to keep your receipt for compensation.
If your item is lost or damaged after valets receive it, you're reimbursed based on the value of comparable items sold on eBay.com in the last 90 days.
- What don't valets accept?
Valets accept all sorts of items in new or like-new condition. But in general, valets don't accept:
- Items valued at less than $40
- Items in poor condition (torn, stained, broken, worn, smelly, not working, missing accessories)
- Fragile items (china, vases, mirrors, paintings)
There are also specific items that valets don't accept:
- Adult-only items
- Alcohol, drugs, and drug paraphernalia
- Beer or wine making kits, foods with alcoholic ingredients and flavoring, and alcohol-related memorabilia, including empty wine, liquor, and beer containers are OK
- Artifacts, grave-related items, and Native American arts and crafts
- Animals and wildlife products, including mounted specimens, fur coats and clothing, and ivory
- Autographed items
- Autographed items with a certificate of authenticity are OK
- Books, including any kind of study material
- First edition books with a certificate of authenticity are OK
- Catalytic converters and test pipes
- New catalytic converters that meet the EPA requirements for aftermarket sale, used catalytic converters that have been recertified, and exhaust pipes and down pipes that are allowed on eBay are OK
- Child car seats
- Clothing, including baby and kids' clothing, underwear, lingerie, and swimwear
- Contracts, credit cards, lottery tickets, stocks, and other securities
- Currency and stamps
- Authentic, collectable coins are OK
- Embargoed goods, and goods not allowed for sale in the US, including CDs that were intended only for distribution in a certain country
- Event tickets
- Collectible event tickets are OK
- Firearms, weapons, and knives, including police and military paraphernalia
- Toy guns and kitchen knives are OK
- Government documents, including IDs, licenses, and manuals
- Collectible non-government manuals are OK
- Hazardous materials, including paint, cleaning solvents, detergents, batteries, fireworks, pesticides, and refrigerants
- Human remains and body parts
- Illegal items, including stolen property, items with removed serial numbers, and recalled items
- Items encouraging illegal activity, including cable TV descramblers, radar scanners, traffic signal control devices, surveillance equipment, wiretapping devices, lock picking devices, and mailing lists
- Jewelry, jewelry-like accessories, and watches
- Manufacturers' coupons, gift cards, prepaid phones, and subscriptions
- Media including DVDs, VHS tapes, cassettes, and music records
- Offensive material, including ethnically or racially offensive material, and Nazi memorabilia
- Prescription medical devices and drugs, including contact lenses, pacemakers, and surgical instruments
- Over-the-counter medical devices are OK
- Plants, seeds, and tobacco
- Real estate
- Replicas and unauthorized copies
- Slot machines
- Software and computer games that require a license code
- Unsealed cosmetics
- US Postal Service (USPS) mail bags, uniforms, and postage meters
- Used soft toys
- Soft toys in "like new" condition are OK
- How do I become a valet?
- Valets are carefully screened for inclusion in the program. Requirements include, but are not limited to: (1) ability to list 100,000 listings each month, (2) storage capacity sufficient to hold and manage items received for at least 21 calendar days, (3) ability to list items across all eBay categories, (4) physical presence in all major metropolitan hubs in the U.S. and (5) demonstrated ability to reach Top Rated Seller status on eBay within 90 days of starting valet services.