What is the Global Shipping Program?
The Global Shipping Program simplifies selling US items to international buyers. Simply ship items to a US shipping center. Once accepted, a global technology and shipping provider, Pitney Bowes, manages the shipping and customs process and delivers the item to the international buyer.
Is there an enrollment fee?
There is no fee to join the Program.
Who is eligible to participate?
Participation in the Program requires that you be an eBay seller. If you are not currently an eBay seller, your enrollment in the Program will be activated once you start selling. Once you start selling, there may be a processing delay between the date of your first listing as a seller and the activation of your enrollment in the Program. eBay may require that you meet minimum seller performance standards in order to participate in the Program. eBay may expand or limit participation or use of the Program at any time, in its discretion, with or without notice to you.
What is a “Routed Export Transaction”?
The export of your GSP Item will be treated as a routed export transaction per the requirements of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (15 Code of Federal Regulations Part 730 et seq.) and the Foreign Trade Regulations (15 Code of Federal Regulations Part 30). In a routed export transaction, your buyer and its forwarding agent assume responsibility for the customs clearance and transportation of your GSP Item to be exported from the United States.
By purchasing your GSP Item and consenting to the Global Shipping Program Buyer Terms and Conditions
during checkout, your buyer is giving you formal notification that your buyer is assuming responsibility for the export shipment of your GSP Item pursuant to a routed export transaction.
Your buyer is officially the Foreign Principal Party in Interest in connection with the exportation and importation of the GSP Item. Your buyer will authorized Pitney Bowes or, at its discretion, one of Pitney Bowes’ service providers as an agent to facilitate the export and customs clearance of the GSP Item. Your buyer is responsible for ensuring that the purchase, exportation, and importation, possession and use of the GSP Item complies with all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and the country into which the GSP Item is being imported.
What is my role as the seller?
Upon receipt of your Buyer’s cleared payment , you are responsible for shipping the GSP Item to a parcel processing facility located in the United States (“U.S. Shipping Center”), where Pitney Bowes will process the GSP Item for international shipment. You are the U.S. Principal Party in Interest and are also responsible for providing accurate and complete information about the GSP Item and must respond timely to any requests for information from eBay and/or Pitney Bowes. Such information is required for compliance with U.S. export and customs clearance requirements. The routed export transaction is subject to Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and all parties to the transaction must comply with EAR to the extent each participates in the export of your item. You are liable for the accuracy of the information that you provide about the GSP Item. The routed export transaction will effectively shift export liability from you to your buyer and your buyer’s forwarding agent.
Am I responsible for complying with any other laws?
You agree not to sell, transfer, or export any GSP Items through the Program in violation of any applicable laws or regulations. In addition, you must immediately notify eBay and Pitney Bowes in writing if you or one of your affiliates are or become listed in any Denied Persons List or if your export privileges or the export privileges of any of your affiliates are otherwise denied, suspended or revoked, in whole or in part, by any U.S. government entity or agency.
Who is Pitney Bowes and what do they do?
Pitney Bowes is a global technology and shipping provider. Pitney Bowes will arrange for the international shipment of your Buyer’s order from the U.S. Shipping Center by a third party shipping carrier (or carriers) to the delivery address designated by your Buyer or to a collection center near your Buyer that is designated by the shipping carrier. Pitney Bowes will oversee the sorting and processing of the GSP Item at the U.S. Shipping Center in preparation for international shipment to your Buyer. In addition, Pitney Bowes will manage the exportation and, through third party customs brokers, the importation clearance of GSP Items purchased by your Buyer. Pitney Bowes is an independent contractor and has entered into an agreement with eBay in order to make the Services available to you. eBay is not providing any of the Services and is not responsible for the Services provided by Pitney Bowes. Pitney Bowes is neither owned by, nor affiliated with, eBay. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser-franchisee relationship between you and Pitney Bowes (or eBay) is intended or created by the Global Shipping Program.
What is Pitney Bowes’ role in the Routed Export Transaction?
By purchasing your Item and consenting to Global Shipping Program Buyer Terms and Conditions
, your buyer is also authorizing Pitney Bowes to act as its agent for the shipment and delivery of the GSP Item. As your buyer’s appointed forwarding agent, Pitney Bowes will: (A) make export classifications and complete export filings, including but not limited to, preparing and transmitting any Electronic Export Information or other documents or records required to be filed by the U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Bureau of Industry and Security, and/or any other U.S. government agency, (B) arrange for the importation of the GSP Item, including, but not limited to, assigning Harmonized System classification codes to each GSP Item and filing a completed customs entry and related documents with the customs authorities of the country into which the GSP Item is being imported, (C) account for and pay the assessed import duties and other taxes due upon importation of the GSP Item, each on your buyer’s behalf, (D) manage any dispute with such authorities regarding customs classifications, applicable duties and/or taxes, and (E) perform any other act that may be required by law or regulation in connection with the exportation, importation and/or transportation of any GSP Item purchased by your buyer for shipment out of the United States and into any other country.
Does Pitney Bowes need a Power of Attorney to perform the Services?
Yes, but not from you as the seller. Your buyer will grant to Pitney Bowes (and, to the extent necessary, its third party service providers) a “Power of Attorney” authorizing Pitney Bowes and/or its service providers to act as its agent(s). As stated above, any prior authorizations you granted to Pitney Bowes are automatically terminated.
What if I previously authorized Pitney to act on my behalf?
As of the User Agreement update effective September 12, 2014, all prior authorizations you granted to Pitney Bowes are automatically terminated.
, with the exception that Pitney Bowes shall not provide, rent, sell or otherwise share the foregoing information for marketing purposes. eBay does not control the privacy policies of Pitney Bowes, its affiliates, or its service providers, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those parties, as applicable.
eBay will provide this personal and order information to Pitney Bowes on you and your buyer’s behalf so that Pitney Bowes may provide the Services that your buyer is requesting under the Program. Pitney Bowes may disclose this information, however collected, to its affiliates, service providers, and other third parties (such as customs and revenue authorities) as necessary to perform the Services (for example, providing your buyer’s name and address information to customs brokers and shipping carriers so that they may clear customs on your buyer’s behalf and deliver the GSP Item).
Not all listings on eBay.com are eligible for the Program. Items that you offer for sale to Buyers through the Program, and which appear to be eligible for the Program based on their listing description, will be so designated for Buyers within the GSP Item listing. eBay reserves the right at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you, to alter or amend the eligibility requirements for items under the Program, including, but not limited to, limits on the number, type, category, and/or value of items and/or transactions. You agree not to sell any ineligible items through the Program. Item eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Item Location. Only items physically located in the United States and which you ship to the U.S. Shipping Center from a United States address are eligible for the Program. Any items that you send to the U.S. Shipping Center from an address outside of the United States shall be processed as undeliverable items, as described below.
Item Listing Site. Only items that you list for sale on eBay.com are eligible for the Program. However, eBay may make your eligible eBay.com listings available to international buyers on eBay.com and on eBay's international sites.
Restricted Categories. Items listed in certain eBay.com categories are ineligible for the Program. You may find a list of restricted categories here
Prohibited Item Types. Several types of items are ineligible for the Program. You may find a list of prohibited item types here
Oversized Items. Parcels which exceed maximum weights and/or dimensions
are ineligible for the Program. "Parcel" means a box, bag, container or other package containing one or more GSP Items sold comprising all or part of a Buyer order.
Illegal and Hazardous Items. Items that are illegal or restricted for export from the United States, are illegal in or restricted from import to the country of importation and/or which fall within one or more of the United Nations hazard classes and/or as identified by the International Air Transport Association are ineligible for the Program.
Items subject to Export Controls. Items that (A) relate to an Export Control Classification Number that is considered dual use, controlled, or otherwise restricted by the Export Administration Regulations Commerce Control List and require a license or (B) are subject to any U.S. export control regulations, as determined by Pitney Bowes and/or its service providers in their exclusive discretion, are ineligible for the Program.
Other Prohibited Items. Items that are otherwise prohibited on eBay’s website properties are ineligible for the Program. You may review eBay’s prohibited items policies here
Other. Items that eBay and/or Pitney Bowes determine, in their sole discretion, would not benefit from the Program or could create problems or liabilities for the Program. In the event that eBay determines, for whatever reason, that one or more of your listings is eligible for sale to certain countries or regions but is ineligible for sale to other countries or regions, you authorize eBay, in its discretion, to exclude the listing from being offered through the Program to buyers in the ineligible countries or regions in lieu of excluding the listing from the Program entirely or removing the listing from eBay generally.
Can items be sold to international buyers for commercial resale or business purposes?
The Services provided by Pitney Bowes are only available for items that are for the personal use or consumption of the designated recipient and not for commercial resale or business purposes. By selling GSP Items, you agree not to sell any items through the Program for commercial resale or business purposes.
What countries are eligible?
The Program is not available for shipments to all countries. The delivery address specified by your Buyer must be within a country eligible under the Program. eBay reserves the right to expand or limit the countries eligible for the Program at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
How will I know when new countries are added?
eBay will provide notice of any additions to the list of eligible countries by posting notice on eBay.com. Any such additions shall automatically be effective 10 calendar days after notice is initially posted, at which time (i) any new listings that you create under the Program (and which are otherwise eligible for the Program) will be automatically available for sale to Buyers in the additional countries and (ii) your existing, live listings that offer GSP Items will be automatically updated to permit sales to Buyers in the additional countries.
Will the program override my exclusions list?
If you have previously restricted international buyers from purchasing your items by creating and applying an exclusion list to your listings, your exclusion list will also apply to items that you sell through the Program, unless you choose to override your exclusion list at the time that you join the Program. If you do not currently have an exclusion list in place and wish to create one, you must update your account settings within My eBay. If you have any items listed on eBay.com that, for whatever reason, you cannot lawfully ship to a country eligible under the Program, then you should restrict international buyers in that country from purchasing your items by creating and applying an exclusion list within My eBay.
What countries will I be selling to?
If you were not previously participating in the Global Shipping Program, the international priority shipping option will only be made available to buyers in ten countries which have been identified as shopping on eBay primarily in English, these include, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom. If you would like to adjust which countries you sell to, including adding some of the over 50 additional countries that the Global Shipping Program ships to, you can access your exclusions list by going to “My eBay” and clicking on Seller Preferences. If you were previously selling through the Global Shipping Program, items in any countries you have not excluded will continue to see a priority international shipping option offered through the Program.
What are the Program Rules?
You will comply with the following rules for any GSP Items that you sell through the Program:
- Your order total should not exceed $2,500 per eligible country;
- Upon receipt of your Buyer’s cleared payment, you will promptly ship the GSP Items purchased by your Buyer to the U.S. Shipping Center address provided to you, in each case in accordance with the terms and description that you promised to your Buyer in your listing;
- You will package all GSP Items in a commercially reasonable manner and in accordance with weight and dimensions limits specified in subsection 2(c)(v) above
- You will create a shipping label on eBay to have your tracking information uploaded automatically or, if you don't use eBay label printing, you should upload tracking information to eBay to maximize the amount of tracking information available to your Buyer;
- You should include with each shipment of GSP Items to the U.S. Shipping Center an order-specific packing slip;
- You will accurately specify, where possible, each Parcel's weight and dimensions plus the item's country of manufacture (if known) in your listing. In the event that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude that any such information that you specify is inaccurate upon processing the Parcel at the U.S. Shipping Center, you authorize eBay, Pitney Bowes and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes to correct this information on your behalf for this and future Parcels;
- You will ship all GSP Items contained in a single order to the U.S. Shipping Center in a single Parcel;
- You will not combine multiple orders (either belonging to the same Buyer or different Buyers) in a single Parcel.
Will I be able to track the parcel during the international leg?
You and your Buyer will be able to track the international shipment of the order within My eBay as it travels from the United States to the delivery address.
Is the sale binding on my international Buyer?
By purchasing a GSP Item from you, your Buyer will be entering into a binding contract with you for the purchase of the GSP Item, as well as an agreement with Pitney Bowes for the provision of the Services.
When does title transfer from me to the buyer?
Title to a GSP Item remains with you until such time as the GSP Item is successfully delivered to the designated recipient of the GSP Item, at which time title to the GSP Item shall transfer to the designated recipient. At no time do eBay (or its affiliates), Pitney Bowes (or its affiliates), or the third party logistics providers, shipping carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders, or other subcontractors under contract with Pitney Bowes take title to GSP Items, except as otherwise provided herein.
What payment methods are accepted?
Will I be paid separately from Pitney Bowes?
PayPal will split your Buyer’s payment of the Program Fees between you and Pitney Bowes in the following manner:
- Payment to you: PayPal will transmit to your PayPal account that portion of your Buyer’s payment consisting of the GSP Item price and the amount (if any) charged by you to ship the GSP Item to the U.S. Shipping Center.
- Payment would be subject to applicable payment holds, if any, as further described in the eBay.com User Agreement.Payment to Pitney Bowes: PayPal will transmit the balance of your Buyer’s payment to Pitney Bowes’s PayPal account.
How is the Final Value Fee calculated?
Final value fees for GSP Items are calculated based on the total amount of the sale, including your domestic shipping charges (if any), but excluding the Program Fees paid by your Buyer to Pitney Bowes for its Services.
It is your responsibility to collect and pay any and all U.S. state and local sales taxes, if applicable, due on sales that you make through the Program.
What happens if the buyer fails to pay for the item?
Your Buyer’s purchases of GSP Items under the Program are subject to eBay’s unpaid item policy
Who is responsible for payment of program fees?
Your Buyer is responsible for paying all shipping and import charges (collectively, the “Program Fees”) that apply to the purchase of GSP Items during checkout. These Program Fees, which will be calculated and displayed to your Buyer within GSP Item listings, are as follows:
- “International priority shipping” (or “Shipping”): this Program Fee consists of charges associated with the parcel processing and shipping services described above and is comprised of the following variable amounts: your domestic shipping charges to ship the GSP Item to the U.S. Shipping Center; third party international shipping charges to ship Buyer orders from the U.S. Shipping Center to the designated delivery address or a collection center near your Buyer that is designated by the shipping carrier; fuel surcharges; charges for selling, general, and administrative expenses, hardware, software development and licenses, operations, and hosting by Pitney Bowes; charges from third party parcel processing service providers; charges relating to the management of insurance for lost or damaged items; charges for the management of variances between the quoted Shipping amount and actual costs; and any referral fees paid by Pitney Bowes to eBay for referring you to the Program.
- “Import charges”: this Program Fee consists of charges associated with the customs service described above and is comprised of the following variable amounts: sales, goods and services, and value added taxes, duties, tariffs, excise taxes, and other amounts assessed or levied by any government authority in connection with the importation of goods into the applicable country of importation (but excluding income taxes) ("Commodity taxes"); third party brokerage fees (including advancement and disbursement charges and customs brokers handling and filing fees); penalties (but excluding any customs duties, taxes, surcharges, fines, penalties, or other charges which may be imposed on Buyers by customs or tax officials after a GSP Item has successfully cleared customs and been delivered to, or made available for pickup at, the delivery address specified by your Buyer); classification charges associated with the assignment of a Harmonized System ("HS") classification code; charges for export compliance screening and verification and the assignment of an Export Control Classification Number (ECCN); and charges relating to the management of variances between the quoted Import charges and actual costs. Note: at eBay's discretion, applicable classification and export compliance charges, third party brokerage fees, and charges for the management of variances may instead be included within the Shipping amount that is quoted to Buyers.
Are Program Fees in U.S. dollars?
Yes. Unless stated otherwise, all Program Fees are quoted to Buyers in U.S. dollars.
Does the buyer see an estimate of the applicable Program Fees before committing to buy?
Estimated Program Fees are quoted to a Buyer in a GSP Item listing and are subject to change until the Buyer pays for the GSP Item and the quoted Program Fees in full during checkout. With the exception of any domestic shipping charges that you specify (to ship an order to the U.S. Shipping Center), the quoted Program Fees are derived from real-time, proprietary estimates of applicable international shipping and import charges by Pitney Bowes. Pitney Bowes’s estimates may not always reflect actual costs to Pitney Bowes; actual shipping and/or import costs may be more or less than the estimates. However, subject to your Buyer’s compliance with the terms of the Program, a Buyer’s payment of the GSP Item price and quoted Program Fees during checkout will represent the total amount of Shipping and Import charges for a GSP Item to be purchased, shipped to the delivery address specified by your Buyer or the collection center near your Buyer that is designated by the shipping carrier, cleared by customs, and delivered to (or made available for pickup at) the delivery address specified by your Buyer or the collection center near your Buyer that is designated by the shipping carrier. As a condition of the Program, Buyers will agree not to request, and will not receive, a refund for the difference, if any, between Program Fees that they pay and actual costs to Pitney Bowes in the event that actual shipping and/or import costs are less than the amounts paid by the Buyer. Buyers are responsible for any customs duties, taxes, surcharges, fines, penalties, or other charges which may be imposed on them by customs or tax officials after a GSP Item has successfully cleared customs and been delivered to the Buyer.
Who is responsible for remitting Program Fees to third parties?
Upon its receipt of your Buyer’s payment of the Program Fees, Pitney Bowes shall be responsible for paying its service providers for fees owed to its service providers and for remitting Commodity taxes to governmental authorities, as applicable.
Am I protected from negative feedback?
Your Buyers will be able to leave you Feedback for transactions involving GSP Items. However, eBay will remove negative or neutral feedback associated with GSP transactions in the following circumstances:
- If your Buyer files an eBay Money Back Guarantee claim against you involving a GSP Item and eBay resolves the claim in your favor because you were not at fault (or because eBay determines that Pitney Bowes or its third party service providers were at fault), eBay will remove any negative or neutral feedback associated with that GSP Item.
- If after acceptance at the U.S. Shipping Center a GSP Item is not, or cannot be, delivered to your Buyer, eBay will remove any negative or neutral feedback associated with that GSP Item.
- If a GSP Item is delivered to your Buyer and your Buyer leaves you negative or neutral feedback associated with the GSP Item but does not file an eBay Money Back Guarantee claim, you may contact Customer Support to request that any negative or neutral feedback associated with that GSP Item be removed.
How will the program affect my Detailed Seller Ratings?
Your Buyers will be able to provide Detailed Seller Ratings for transactions involving GSP Items. However, you will be eligible for automatic 5-star detailed seller ratings for GSP Items in the following circumstances:
- If you provide free domestic shipping (i.e., free shipping to the U.S. Shipping Center), you will automatically receive a 5-star detailed seller rating for shipping and handling charges.
- If you provide 1-day handling, upload tracking information within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment, and the tracking information shows the GSP Item as being delivered to, and it is accepted at, the U.S. Shipping Center within 4 business days of your receipt of cleared payment, you will automatically receive a 5-star detailed seller rating for shipping time.
In addition, eBay will not count detailed seller ratings that are left by your Buyer against your seller performance standards in the following circumstances:
- If your Buyer files an eBay Money Back Guarantee claim against you involving a GSP Item and eBay resolves the claim in your favor because you were not at fault (or because eBay determines that Pitney Bowes or its third party service providers were at fault), eBay will not count against your seller performance standards any detailed seller ratings that are left by your Buyer for that GSP Item.
- If after acceptance at the U.S. Shipping Center a GSP Item is not, or cannot be, delivered to your Buyer, eBay will not count against your seller performance standards any detailed seller ratings that are left by your Buyer for that GSP Item.
- If a GSP Item is delivered to your Buyer and your Buyer leaves you detailed seller ratings for shipping and handling charges or shipping time that are below 5 stars, eBay will not count those detailed seller ratings for that GSP Item against your seller performance standards.
Can I be kicked out of the Program?
In addition to other remedies, included those described elsewhere within eBay’s policies, eBay may at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you, limit, prohibit, refuse, cancel, block, suspend and/or terminate your use of the Program and/or the Services if you violate any of these Terms, eBay’s policies, or any applicable laws.
Do I have to participate in the Program?
No. The international priority shipping option provided to your buyer through the Global Shipping Program is entirely optional.
How long does it take to Opt-in or Opt-Out?
These policies will apply to all of your eligible new listings and existing listings. It may take up to 48 hours to apply the Program to your existing eligible listings. Your opt-in may not apply to listings that you create using a mobile device. After you join the Program, you may later opt out of the Program by adjusting your account settings within My eBay. Your opt out may take up to 72 hours to process and will not apply to any of your existing listings that are restricted from revision
—for example, because there are one or more pending bids or there is a pending best offer. If you opt out of the Program, you will not be able to take advantage of the Program in the event that you accept future User Agreement changes in the form of an electronic click-through. Instead, you will need to opt back into the Program through some other means – for example, by again adjusting your account settings within my eBay. You may also exclude individual listings from the Program by adjusting the shipping options within the international shipping section of your listings at the time that you create the listings.
Can I ship items internationally using other shipping options?
If you provide an international shipping service, you may choose to override the Program with your own international shipping option for any or all eligible countries by adjusting your settings within My eBay. If you choose to participate in the Program, you may continue to sell items that are not eligible for the Program and/or to countries where the Program is not available using your own international shipping option.
Can eBay terminate the Program?
eBay has the right, but not the obligation, to alter, amend, replace, suspend temporarily, and/or discontinue permanently, the Program, the name of the Program, any of the Services, features, and/or functionality offered to you under the Program, and/or the service providers used to provide any or all of the Services under the Program, at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you.
These Terms, as may be amended from time to time, will remain in effect so long as the program exists. eBay may amend these policies, including applicable fees, at any time by posting the amended policies here. Except as stated otherwise in these policies, all amended terms shall take effect immediately and automatically when posted on the eBay site.
What happens to lost, damaged, or undeliverable items?
GSP Items purchased by your Buyer may be covered by an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection program, as described below. eBay and Pitney Bowes shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate Parcels (and their contents) that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable, for whatever reason.
- eBay Money Back Guarantee. Your sales of GSP Items to Buyers on eBay.com are subject to the eBay Money Back Guarantee on eBay.com (formerly, eBay Buyer Protection). For eBay Money Back Guarantee cases in which eBay determines that a GSP Item sold by you was damaged or not received by your Buyer, eBay will review the case to determine whether you or Pitney Bowes should be responsible for the damage or non-delivery. In general, you will be responsible under the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy for the loss of, or damage to, a GSP Item until it is accepted at the U.S. Shipping Center or if the item has been returned to you from the U.S. Shipping Center. For example, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you will be held responsible for eBay Money Back Guarantee cases (whether or not a GSP Item can be repackaged or returned to you) where eBay finds that:
- A GSP Item that you sold was not received at the U.S. Shipping Center.
- A GSP Item that you sold was noted as damaged by the domestic carrier when received at the U.S. Shipping Center
- A GSP Item that you sold was found to be damaged upon opening a Parcel (as defined herein), as and if required, after receipt thereof at the U.S. Shipping Center.
- A Parcel contains the wrong or no GSP Item associated with the Buyer's order
- One or more of the following data points provided by you or associated with the GSP Item that you sold is incorrect or indeterminable (and it is not practicable for Pitney Bowes to correct):
- Country of Manufacture
- Item Category
- Item Title/Description
- “HS Classification Code”
- Item condition
- Weight of Parcel
- Dimensions of Parcel
vi. A Parcel is oversized and/or overweight and cannot be shipped through an upgraded service.
vii. A GSP Item that you sold requires destruction (e.g., contraband).
However, subject to the foregoing you will not be responsible for the loss of, or damage to, a GSP Item after its acceptance at the U.S. Shipping Center. If eBay finds against you in a case stemming from your Buyer’s purchase of a GSP Item, the applicable coverage amount will include all Program Fees that your Buyer paid for the GSP Item in addition to the GSP Item price. However, you will only be responsible for the amount that has been paid to you by your Buyer consisting of the GSP Item price and the amount (if any) charged by you to ship the GSP Item to the U.S. Shipping Center.
What happens to items that can’t be delivered to my buyer?
If eBay and/or Pitney Bowes determines that a GSP Item is undeliverable eBay and/or Pitney Bowes may elect to dispose of, destroy or liquidate the undeliverable Parcel, at which time title to the GSP Item shall transfer automatically from you to eBay and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes (as eBay or Pitney Bowes may elect in their sole discretion), at no cost to either eBay or Pitney Bowes (or to any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes).
Who is responsible if the item is lost or damaged?
As between you and your Buyer, the risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall remain with you until the GSP Item is accepted at the U.S. Shipping Center or has been returned to you by Pitney Bowes from the U.S. Shipping Center. As between your Buyer and Pitney Bowes, risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall transfer to your Buyer from Pitney Bowes and/or its third party parcel processing service providers when the GSP Item leaves the U.S. Shipping Center.
What if the buyer provided an invalid delivery address?
The delivery address that your Buyer specifies must be within a country eligible under the Program and must be a valid and complete delivery address. You shall not be responsible under either the eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection programs if a GSP Item is not deliverable because the delivery address that your Buyer provided is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccessible. In addition, certain third party shipping carriers utilized under the Program may require that the designated recipient of a GSP Item be present to receive delivery; where in-person delivery is required, your Buyer shall be solely responsible for ensuring that the designated recipient is available to receive delivery.
What if additional information is needed?
Pitney Bowes, its affiliates, and/or its service providers may contact you directly in order to collect or confirm certain personal and/or order information.
Does PayPal share my buyer’s information with eBay?
If your buyer resides in Brazil and has previously provided tax identification information (such as your Taxpayer’s Registry for Individuals) to PayPal, your buyer authorizes PayPal to provide this information to eBay at eBay’s request.
What if the item is returned to me?
eBay or Pitney Bowes may elect to return to you at any U.S. address that you have on file with eBay any GSP Item that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude is undeliverable and require reverse the PayPal payment that your Buyer made to you consisting of the GSP Item price and the amount (if any) charged by you to ship the GSP Item to the U.S. Shipping Center.
Can the buyer’s payment that I receive be reversed?
If eBay, Pitney Bowes, or Pitney Bowes’s service providers determine, after your Buyer has purchased a GSP Item, that the GSP Item is ineligible for the Program or cannot be shipped to your Buyer (for whatever reason), eBay and its affiliates shall have the right to cancel your sale of the GSP Item in lieu of proceeding with the processing and/or shipment of the GSP Item and, upon exercising this right, shall have the right to reverse the PayPal payment that your Buyer made to you and to Pitney Bowes for the GSP Item and will process the GSP Item as an undeliverable item, as described below. If eBay and/or Pitney Bowes elect to dispose of, destroy or liquidate the undeliverable item, you will retain your Buyer’s payment, if any, for the GSP Item.
Will content from my original listing be used if the item is liquidated?
Yes. In the event eBay or Pitney Bowes elects to dispose of or liquidate a GSP Item, you grant to eBay, Pitney Bowes and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes (as eBay and Pitney Bowes may elect) a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to any intellectual property rights in the text or images presented in the original listing related to the GSP Item, which exists or ever existed, including, but not limited to, the right to reproduce, prepare derivative works base on or display, any copyrightable elements, for the limited purpose of disposal or liquidation of the GSP Item. You acknowledge that eBay or Pitney Bowes election to dispose of or liquidate the GSP Item and allow you to retain your Buyer’s payment for the GSP Item is sufficient consideration for the transfer of title to eBay and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes (as eBay or Pitney Bowes may elect in their sole discretion) and the grant of the license.
What happens to the proceeds received from the liquidation of my item?
eBay and/or Pitney Bowes (and any third party designated by eBay or Pitney Bowes) shall retain all proceeds (if any) received from the disposal or liquidation of the GSP Item.
Are international returns supported through the Program?
With a few exceptions, international returns are not supported through the Program at this time. eBay may choose not to display the returns policy field of your GSP listings to international buyers unless you set your returns policy to no returns or exchanges. If you wish to accept international returns, you should describe your international returns policy in your listing description. The returns policy that you specify in your listing description of a GSP Item will apply to your Buyer's purchase of the GSP Item, unless your policy is inconsistent with local legal requirements in the country where your Buyer is located. You are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations about returns that may be applicable to the sale of GSP Items to international buyers.
Do these terms override the User Agreement?
The Program is designed to be used in conjunction with the eBay.com website and is therefore subject to the eBay.com User Agreement
and policies (collectively, and as the same may be amended from time to time, “eBay’s policies”). These Terms apply to you in addition to the eBay.com User Agreement. In relation to your sale of GSP Items through the Program, where there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and any other agreement or policy between you and eBay, these Terms will control as to all matters that are explicitly addressed in these Terms. For all matters not explicitly discussed in these Terms, eBay’s policies will control.