Mobile popularity with eBay buyers
Last year alone, more than $5 billion was transacted via mobile on eBay, a figure we expect to double in 2012. Here are some other fast facts that illustrate just how popular and prevalent mobile is becoming on eBay:
- 600,000 new customers made their first purchase with eBay on eBay mobile in Q2 2012.
- A women’s handbag is purchased every 30 seconds on eBay Mobile.
- There have been 100 million downloads of eBay Mobile apps since launch in 2008.
- There are currently 100 million mobile listings and growing.
All this mobile popularity with buyers means it’s more important than ever to make sure your listings, pictures, and descriptions are the best they can be—before the holiday sales rush hits.
- Take clear, crisp photos and upload them to eBay picture hosting to ensure they’ll show well on mobile devices. Also consider moving pictures from your current listings out of the item description and into eBay picture hosting—it’s free (excluding Motors vehicle listings).
- Use item specifics such as brand, size and color.
- Keep your descriptions simple for easy reading including a single column layout (no frames) and a plain background.
- Provide your shipping costs—Calculated, Flat Rate or Free Shipping—for quick and easy viewing.
- Accept PayPal and let your mobile shoppers make a quick payment from their phone.