Over the past few years, eBay has asked you, our valued sellers, to focus on delivering the quality and service ecommerce buyers expect. As always, you’ve gone above and beyond. Your efforts are paying off in more sales—eBay Top Rated sellers continue to enjoy a faster growth rate than ecommerce overall. With this, the second update of 2012, the focus is squarely on you. These updates will help you reach the new generation of ecommerce buyers drawn to eBay this holiday season—and make your selling easier and more profitable.
Read a special message to sellers about these updates from Michael Jones, Vice President Merchant Development
New protections and rewards
New safeguards coming in April to keep eBay a fair marketplace for sellers
Reporting buyers who violate policies or misuse the system is now faster and easier.
- Buyers will be required to contact you first through the Resolution Center to resolve any issues.
- The number of opened cases will no longer count for your seller performance standards evaluation. Only those cases that are not found in your favor will count. This could mean an immediate positive impact on your performance rating.
New Top Rated Plus seal highlights listings from Top Rated sellers with 1-day handling and 14-day or longer money-back returns, replaces the current Top Rated seller badge.
New ways to showcase your items, boost sales
Maximize the power of eBay Fast ‘N Free. The eBay Fast ‘N Free logo on listings is delivering a solid increase in sales over listings without it. Check your seller dashboard to see the impact of eBay Fast ‘N Free on your sales.
More selling power for your listings
More selling power for electronics. New way to shop for popular products coming to more categories—listing with the eBay catalog required.
- Sell more with more pictures! Now that pictures are FREE (Motors Vehicles excluded), load up! Starting October 1, 2012, new listings and relistings will be required to include a picture, with additional picture requirements coming in 2013.
- Item condition notes field helps you set the right expectations. Buyers see the important details about the condition of your items right up front.
- Show your item location to increase buyer confidence. Enter your valid zip code and your city and state will be automatically added to your listing.
- More exposure for eBay Motors vehicle listings. Get a greater on-average boost in Best Match for listings that include an Auto Check vehicle history report in the History Report tab.
Boost sales with multi-variation listings. New tool lets you easily combine individual listings of different variations of an item such as color and size into one listing.
- Fee for ending Auction-style listings early protects the spirit and integrity of auctions, keeps buyers coming back.
- More communication power in My eBay Messages. Upload pictures to help close the sale. Respond to messages from your primary eBay inbox and automatically stay in sync with Messages in My eBay.
- Category and item specifics updates. As always, changes to categories and item specifics are included with the rest of seller updates. Updates are coming in many categories and a few categories are being discontinued—find out if your listings are affected.
See the Seller Checklist
for more information about how these updates affect you.
Use bulk editing tools
to update your listings quickly and easily.
Learn more from other sellers and eBay staff in the 2012 Fall Seller Update discussion forum