Children's clothing seller monicasmom2010 has mastered the art of buying and reselling brand name children's clothes. Fortunately, she recoups up to 60% of what she pays, and that's always in style.
Alicia Minyen started monicasmom2010 to stretch her clothing budget for her four-year-old daughter, Monica. Recognizing the potential resale value of popular styles, she's able to buy more expensive brand name items at retail.
"My customers are other moms like me looking to stretch their dollars while getting the cute, brand names they love. The key is paying attention to trends and the season. Right now, it's all about back-to-school clothes, a perfect time to list kids' fashion."
Alicia offers several tips for beginner sellers who want to resell children's clothing:
- Designate a space for items you want to sell (e.g., closet or drawer). Once your child outgrows an item, it goes to that space.
- Before listing, make sure your item look its best: steam iron it if necessary.
- Take many pictures to give buyers a clear idea of what they're getting.
- Try grouping items as an ensemble.
- Sell more at one time and reduce trips to the post office.
- Package your item in tissue or dry clean bags for added protection.
- List your items Auction-style, and experiment with Buy It Now to see what works best for you.
- Have reasonable shipping prices. USPS Flat Rate Boxes are great because weight isn't a cost factor.
|Alicia started as an avid eBay buyer of baby clothes and noticed the bidding frenzy on certain brand name baby items. That's when she decided sell on eBay.
"My customers are other moms like me looking to stretch their dollars while getting the cute, brand names they love"
|Now she gets a higher price and more exposure on eBay than she used to in consignment stores. Alicia is on the eBay site every single day since she and her husband buy so many of their needs on eBay.|
Alicia has already begun selling in more categories: toys, books, puzzles, movies, Legos, and anything else her daughter has outgrown. Also, she looks forward to using her eBay app for Android to check her listings' progress in My eBay.