Ship the same day your buyer pays and print your shipping label on eBay for fastest access to your funds.
While you gain experience selling on eBay, access to funds from buyer payments may be delayed to promote successful fulfillment. Rest assured this is a temporary situation. As soon as you meet all of the following criteria, payments from your buyers will generally be available immediately:
- It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale;
- You've had more than 25 sales transactions; and
- You've had more than $250 in total sales.
How can I get my funds quickly?
To access your funds as quickly as 3 days after eBay can confirm delivery, we recommend that you ship within 24 hours after your buyer pays and print your shipping label on eBay. With eBay label printing:
PRINT YOUR LABEL on
- Tracking information is automatically provided to eBay
- You get discounted postage rates (the eBay label printing service is FREE)
- Funds for shipping will be available to you immediately (up to $15)
What if I don’t use eBay label printing?
- If you ship directly using USPS, UPS, or FedEx, you can upload your tracking information manually to My eBay. Your funds will still be available 3 days after eBay receives confirmation of delivery.
- Mark the item as shipped in My eBay. Even if you don’t upload tracking, if you mark the item as shipped in My eBay, your funds will be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.
- If you don't provide tracking information or mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated, your funds will be available 21 days after your buyer pays.
Other reasons access to funds may be delayed:
Funds could also be delayed if your account does not meet the minimum performance standard required of all eBay sellers, or a higher than normal level of risk is associated with this transaction or with your account—for example a sudden spike in eBay Buyer Protection cases, PayPal disputes or claims, unusual selling activity, items with an exceptionally high selling price, or sales in a new category or a category such as tickets, travel, or gift certificates. Learn more.
Best practices for fast access to funds
- Ship quickly
- Specify 1-day handling time for the shortest estimated delivery time (a combination of your handling time plus the carrier's published estimated delivery time).
- Offer an expedited shipping option (package delivered in 1-3 business days).
- Ship within 24 hours after your buyer pays.
- Provide tracking
- Delight your buyer
Frequently Asked Questions
Beginning on April 15, 2011, for sellers with a limited selling history, funds show as pending in their PayPal accounts for a period of time to allow for successful fulfillment.
As a seller, you will have an established track record when all of these conditions have been met: It’s been 90 days or more since your first sale, you have more than 25 sales transactions and more than $250 total sales.
Based on your shipping method and the shipping information you provide, here's when your funds should be available:
- 3 days after we can confirm the order was delivered, if you pay for shipping and print labels on eBay, or if you ship directly using USPS, UPS, or FedEx and manually enter your tracking information into My eBay. The eBay label printing service is free, your tracking information uploads automatically, and you'll get funds to help cover shipping.
- 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date if you don't upload tracking information but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay.
- 21 days after your buyer pays if you don’t upload tracking and you don’t mark your item as shipped in My eBay.
Please keep in mind that it might take longer to get your funds if your buyer reports a problem with the transaction.
If you print labels on eBay for USPS shipping (domestic or First Class international), up to $15 of your buyer's funds will be available immediately to cover shipping costs for any order less than $50. When the total order cost exceeds $50, up to 30% of your buyer’s funds will be available immediately to cover shipping costs. If you use PayPal
label printing and select USPS postage, you'll need to pay for shipping when you print the label, but we’ll deposit the reimbursement back to your PayPal account within 24 hours. Funds from your buyer will not be made available in advance, to cover shipping costs, for items sent through UPS or Canada Post.
Sign in to My eBay and check your Seller Dashboard
to see your total number of selling transactions during the past year, total sales volume, and the time since you registered as a seller. If you have 10 or more detailed seller ratings (DSRs), you can also see your performance rating.
If you have payments shown as pending in your PayPal account, you'll see the status of these payments in My eBay or Selling Manager, including the estimated date that the funds will be available and steps you can take to help get your funds faster. You can also log in to your PayPal account for up-to-date information on the status of your payments.
Funds availability as shown in My eBay:
Funds availability as shown in Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro:
If you use eBay's Sell Your Item process to list your item, you'll be notified when you create the listing. When your item sells, the estimated date your funds will be available will be shown in My eBay after you receive payment through PayPal. Also, PayPal will notify you when a payment is received and the funds are in pending status in your PayPal account.
All of your active (“live”) listings, including Good ‘Til Cancelled listings, are affected until you meet the criteria for receiving funds without pending status.
The purpose is to benefit all eBay buyers and sellers by encouraging practices that promote successful fulfillment.
If any reversals are initiated while funds from a sale are in pending status – for example, an eBay Buyer Protection case, PayPal claim or dispute, or credit card chargeback – those funds are unavailable until either the seller resolves the issue or the case is found in the seller's favor. If the seller does not resolve the issue or is found responsible, eBay or PayPal will refund the buyer's payment.
This policy applies to new sellers registered on eBay.com or eBay.ca (either the English or French language version), whether your items ship domestically or internationally. To help get your funds quicker you can upload tracking information
from USPS, UPS, or FedEx. In most cases, when we can confirm delivery, funds will be available 3 days after delivery has been confirmed. If you use a different carrier, or when carrier tracking is not available, mark your item as shipped
in My eBay and your funds should be available 7 days after the latest estimated delivery date. If no estimated delivery date can be calculated, funds should be available 21 days after your buyer pays.
No, positive feedback is not necessarily a reliable indication of successful fulfillment because buyers often leave feedback before they even receive the item, or do not leave feedback at all.
For affected sellers, funds from sales of services will be available in 21 days after the buyer pays.
For affected sellers, if your buyer pays for the item using PayPal and uses local pickup for an item purchased on eBay.com or eBay.ca (either the English or French language version) but not using eBay's Classified Ad format, your funds will be available 21 days after the buyer pays.
Sales transacted through a classified advertisement on eBay.com or eBay Classifieds are not affected.
Only PayPal transactions are subject to this action. Payments through other methods are covered by the terms and practices of each provider.
Funds will be available based on the status of the eBay account from which an item is sold. All accounts that don’t meet the minimum requirements of 90 days, $250 in sales and 25 successful selling transactions, including those created by established sellers, are subject to this policy.
Yes, you could still be subject to having funds show as pending for a period of time if your account doesn’t meet the minimum performance standard
required of all eBay sellers. There may be other PayPal policies that also impact the availability of funds if a higher than normal level of risk is associated with your account—for example a sudden spike in eBay Buyer Protection cases, PayPal disputes or claims, unusual selling activity, items with an exceptionally high selling price, or sales in a new category or a category such as tickets, travel, or gift certificates. Learn more