How can I help buyers find my items?
- Maximize the 80-character limit for titles by including team, authenticator, player, year, etc.
- Include item specifics when listing your item
- Buyers filter search results with data from item specifics
- See chart below highlighting the most important item specifics by category
Fan Apparel & Souvenirs
- Product (single, set, box, etc.)
- Grading (Beckett, GAI, PSA, etc.)
- Product (bat, ball, hat, etc.)
- Grading (Beckett, GAI, PSA, etc.)
- Size / gender (if applicable)
- Write a detailed description
- Highlight the item's quality and uniqueness; this is especially important for autographs
- Be sure to call out any flaws or special characteristics of your item — this will build buyer confidence and help protect you in the event of an eBay Buyer Protection case.
- Learn how to maximize your potential in Best Match sort.
How do I find out what my item is worth?
- Millions of sports cards and memorabilia have been sold on eBay. Search eBay's completed listings to research the value of your item.
- To see completed listings, search for your item and then click "Completed Listings" under "Show Only" on the left side of the search results page.Completed listings that appear with a price in green were sold.
- Completed listings that appear with a price in red did not sell – either because they were Buy It Now listings that ended or because they were an auction that did not clear reserve.
What are the top tips for taking great photos of sports cards and memorabilia?
- Remember, you have 12 free pictures for each listing!
- For the best possible display of your listing on all eBay pages, pictures with a 1600-pixel dimension on the longest side is recommended.
- Take a lot of detailed, close-up pictures from different angles.
- Capture important features (autograph, date, grade, etc.) in your photos.
- Do not use stock photos or photos from another listing. Take pictures of your exact item.
- For sports cards, consider using a scanner. A camera will work fine, but taking advantage of the flatness of cards with a scanned image produces a clean look. Plus, it saves you time! You can scan the front of multiple cards at once then turn them over and scan the back. Crop the images and upload.
- For apparel, consider using a mannequin to showcase your item. If you do not have a mannequin, accurately describe the fit and style of the item
- If there are any flaws, clearly show them in a picture; this will build buyer confidence and help protect you in the case of an eBay Buyer Protection case.
- For general tips on how to take great photos, visit the Photo Center.
Which listing format should I use?
You have a few options when it comes to listing format:
- Over 55% of bought items in the Sports Memorabilia, Cards & Fan Shop category are sold Auction-style
- Ideal for unique, one-of-a-kind itemsOption to list Auction-style with a Buy It Now option
- Fixed Price
- Approximately 45% of items in the Sports Memorabilia, Cards & Fan Shop category are sold fixed price
- Ideal for items that have a clear, known value
- Research completed listings and set a reasonable price
- Consider using the Best Offer feature and let buyers negotiate a price with you
- 115% of sales in the Sports Memorabilia, Cards & Fan Shop category come from sellers accepting a Best Offer from a buyer
- Learn more about Best Offer.
What are the best shipping practices for sports cards and memorabilia?
See chart below for best practices when it comes to shipping items from this category.
|Sports Cards||Original Autographs||Fan Apparel & Souvenirs|
- Use a top loader or hard case to protect the card
- Make sure the card is secure (tape the top of the sleeve so the card will not fall out)
- Use a padded envelope
- To protect the item, wrap first in tissue paper
- Once protected, bubble wrap the item
- Place in a box with padding
- Fold neatly
- Do not crease over important item features
How can I be protected as a seller?
- A number of seller protections are built right into the eBay process, and we also take actions behind the scenes to insure that your eBay selling activities go as smoothly as possible
- eBay proactively identifies, warns and restricts buyers who appear to be engaged in devious or abusive practices
- Report concerns with a buyer in our Seller Reporting Hub.