According to a recent UPS study*, more than 86% of online shoppers review a return policy during their purchase process–and many of those buyers make their decisions based on the ease and clarity of that policy. That’s why it’s more important than ever to offer buyers a clear, concise return policy.
eBay hassle-free returns is the easy way to offer and manage the kind of confidence-inspiring return policy that can help boost sales.
When start using hassle-free returns, you can take advantage of the following benefits right away:
- Accept returns only on the listings you choose–it’s always up to you whether to offer a return policy on your listings
- Communicate with your buyers at any time using eBay member to member email
- Offer replacements in addition to refunds
- Configure automation rules to streamline your business even further–for example, when you wish to refund the buyer but don’t want the item shipped back if it’s under $10
- An eBay return label is provided automatically to the buyer requesting a return
- Return shipping tracking is automatically uploaded with the eBay return label so you can track the status of the return—and see when it will be delivered back to you
- Return shipping shipping cost will never exceed the original shipping price if you used eBay labels for the original shipment
- Starting in mid-September 2014, automatic refund to the buyer after six business days once the item has been delivered to the seller and as long as the seller has not asked eBay to step in and help
Once you receive your returned item, you issue a refund with the click of a button. Your final value fees automatically show up as a credit on your next invoice. And you can relist for free! You no longer have to wait for a buyer to confirm they received the refund before your fees are returned.