eBay Motors parts compatibility
Available in Car & Truck, Motorcycle, Boat Engine, and Powersports Parts categories
Use Parts Compatibility to save on Insertion Fees and Maximize Search Exposure
In addition to Car & Truck Parts and Vintage Car & Truck Parts sub-categories, parts compatibility is available in Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, Personal Watercraft Parts, Snowmobile Parts, Boat Engine Parts, Scooter Parts, and Golf Car Parts & Accessories categories (see exception categories below).
Listings with parts compatibility information make it fast and easy for buyers to find parts for a specific make and model and for sellers to add a single listing for parts that fit multiple vehicles. This convenient and familiar way to shop for parts means more buyers, faster sales, and fewer buyer questions.
Save listing time, save on Insertion Fees. With parts compatibility, you can create one auction-style or fixed price listing describing a single part and—for no extra cost—add a complete list of compatible vehicles. Parts compatibility eliminates the need to list one part multiple times for all compatible vehicles, which means huge savings in insertion fees and in time spent managing and creating listings.
Maximize exposure in search results. Listing with parts compatibility helps get your relevant items in front of buyers via search. Since the compatibility information on your listing and your title, as well as other product identifiers like brand and manufacturer part number, are all used to match the buyer's search, you can now use all 80 characters in your title for popular search elements and other critical information. That means you'll show up in more—and more relevant—buyer searches.
As with any new listing feature or practice, it's best to test to determine the most efficient listing strategy for your business. With that in mind, we recommend the following steps:
- Check your on-site inventory for eligibility and determine which listings you'll want to include parts compatibility.
- Gather the information needed—brand names, part numbers, UPCs, and compatible vehicles.
- Create a new parts compatibility listing in one or more of the available categories (or you can revise an existing listing to add compatibility). Check that all compatible vehicle types appear in the compatibility section in your new listing. Best Match uses this information along with your title to help determine relevance to a buyer's search.
- Since Best Match uses compatibility information, your title, and product identifiers like brand and manufacturer part number to determine relevance, use all 80 characters of your title for other popular search elements for a chance to show up in more relevant searches. Repeating compatibility information in your title is allowed, but it is unnecessary and it will not increase exposure in eBay search. See FAQs for examples.
- Consolidate your existing listings. If you currently have multiple listings for one product, consolidate them into a single parts compatibility listing and avoid violating eBay's duplicate listing policy. Learn more about our duplicate listing policy.