New Product Page
New shopping experiences highlighting the best deals from eBay sellers
Technology & Consumer Electronics
Shopping for items in categories like iPod & MP3 Players, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), DVDs, TVs, routers, hard drives, cameras, cell phones, Apple laptops, and more just got faster and easier than ever with eBay's new product pages.
- 1. Product variation options
New toggling feature to view all variations of the product on one page.
- 2. The best deals by item condition
Now you can quickly find all of the best deals in new, refurbished, used, and other item conditions.
- 3. New Local shopping option
New buying options tab reflects the best prices from nearby stores.
- 4. "Value" box
Now featuring great values from eBay Top-rated seller! In order for an item to be featured in the value box, it must meet the following requirements:
- Offered by an eBay Top-rated seller
- Fixed Price format (Buy It Now)
- Priced competitively
- 5. Great deals in auction or buy it now
Find all the best deals available in auctions or for immediate sale.
More features makes buying a snap
This new shopping experience makes buying a snap by featuring more of the information needed to be assured of a great deal—including pricing trends on eBay, detailed product descriptions, product reviews, and related accessories.
- 1. Buying option tabs with the best deals by item condition
- 2. New buying options tab reflects the best prices found in nearby stores.
- 3. Value box featuring great value from eBay Top-rated seller
- 4. Buying options highlight savings by format
- 5. Up-to-date pricing trends on eBay
- 6. Detailed product descriptions and highlights
- 7. Product versions and pricing options
- 8. Other popular products
- 9. Related product accessories
- 10. Product reviews
Best Practices for Sellers
Get maximum exposure for your listings on the new eBay product pages and on search results pages
- List or relist items with the eBay catalog whenever there's a match. That's what gets your listings on the product pages. Product pages have higher sell-through rates than search results pages.
- Follow best practices outlined in Best Match Tips paying special attention to pricing competitively and provide great customer service to keep your performance rating high.
- Add your product to our database if product details are not available for your item. For sellers in some categories including GPS Devices, Printers, Hard Drives, MP3 Players, DVD Players, Televisions, Camera Lenses, Home Speakers and Subwoofers, eBay is making it faster and easier to add products. You see this option during the listing process.
- Price competitively! Price is one of the main factors in determining the position of your listing on the product pages. Stay abreast of market prices for items and update prices as needed.
- Offer free or discounted shipping. You can offer shipping discounts through the shipping calculator.
- Achieve and maintain Top-rated seller status to be eligible for the value box.
- Whenever possible, even if you can't list your item with the catalog, include unique product identifiers like UPC, GTIN, and ISBN. Buyers using these identifiers within eBay search, off-eBay search engines, and using mobile applications will be able to find your listing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a product page and when does it appear?
- This product page is the page that appears when a buyer clicks on a product box in search results. The product page shows buyers common information about the product at the top of the page, the number of items available for purchase, and highlights the best value available for that item.
- Why does eBay have product pages?
- When buyers search for popular products, they prefer to see matching results consolidated on one page. Product pages get higher sell-through rates than search results pages.
- Are product pages used in all categories where product details are available?
- Starting in September, this new shopping experience will appear in three popular categories—iPod & MP3 players, GPS devices, and DVDs.
- Should I always list with the eBay catalog if there's a product match?
- Yes! You should always list with product details from the eBay catalog whenever there’s an exact product match available.
- How can I get my listings to show up on a product page?
- To have your item appear on the product page, you need to list using product details in the Sell Your Item form, Turbo Lister, File Exchange, or the eBay Application Programming Interface.
- Does my listing appear both on the product page and in the search results list that appears below the product boxes?
- If a listing is not highlighted in the value box or on the other buying option tabs, then it will appear when a buyer clicks on the "See all listings" link from the product or search results pages.
- What is the "value" box at the top of the product page, and how can I get my listing featured there?
- In order for an item to be eligible for the value box, it must meet the following requirements:
- Offered by an eBay Top-rated sellers
- Fixed Price format (Buy It Now)
- Priced competitively
- Is the value box getting more prominence?
- Yes, the value box is prominently displayed above the fold. This box will always be used to showcase high quality items at the best prices from eBay Top-rated sellers.
- How will the savings be highlighted?
- Savings will be highlighted in these subcategories by prominently showing list prices for products as a reference point for eBay sellers' prices. As a seller, you'll want to price your items competitively.
- Buying option tabs with the best deals by item condition
- Value box featuring great value from eBay Top-rated sellers
- Buying options highlight savings by format
- How does eBay determine the list price of a product?
- We obtain the list price by comparing a variety of sources including manufacturer's web sites, online retail sites, and Internet search engines to show the highest price (excluding shipping and handling fees) for that product in new condition. We update the list price bimonthly and all items are subject to availability.
- Are bundle listings eligible for the value box on the product page?
- If you are an eBay Top-rated seller, bundle listings are eligible for the value box, but will be compared to non-bundled listings since the valuation of bundled products vary significantly.
- What about items in these categories that are sold out in stores and command a higher market price than the list price?
- When an item is priced above the list price, the savings off the list price will not appear.