|Why do counterfeits hurt the community?
eBay is committed to preventing the sale of counterfeit products because:
- It's illegal and harmful to the marketplace
- Buying a counterfeit is a bad experience for you and the
brands you trust
- Counterfeits undermine buying trust
- It's bad for honest sellers who deal in
What are we doing to prevent counterfeit listings?
We're constantly working to make our site safer by:
- Proactively removing suspicious items
- Removing items reported as counterfeit by brand owners
- Working closely with law enforcement to prosecute offenders
- Enforcing selling limits on some items
- Restricting seller activity in certain categories
- Providing free tools for rights owners to efficiently identify and
report items to us for immediate removal
- Partnering with brand owners and industry initiatives to
bring attention to and combat the issue worldwide
||What can you do to help?
- Don't buy or sell counterfeit goods
- Learn about the law and our policies
- Report suspicious goods by clicking on the 'Report this Item' link
at the bottom of the listing
- Pay for your purchases using PayPal
Do you suspect that you bought a counterfeit?
- Warn others by leaving honest feedback
- If you paid with PayPal, file a claim for Buyer Protection
- Participate in the Verified Rights Owner Program
- Create a Verified Rights Owner "About Me" page
How can I find out more?
Visit myauthentics.com for the latest news and information on counterfeits. Learn how to spot a fake, join a discussion forum, and read about the dangers of fakes.